Running Bear's October 2026 Coffee Shop

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


My new "safe and to code" steps are done. 1 guy did all them by himself except for the first 6 at the bottom. The blocks are just over 60# each.

Nicki and I won't have to worry about slipping and falling down...hopefully.

Before
image000002 (1).jpg
image000001.jpg


After

image000001 (2).jpg

image000000.jpg
 


Thanks, a custom handrail and installation would have almost doubled the cost of the project.
If you feel like messing with it, you could install a series of fence posts next to the steps so the tops are between waist and chest high, and secure a chain along the tops of the fence posts. It's cheaper than a handrailing, and is not something your neighbors would have--as well as being useful to grab if someone stumbles.
 
Well howdy there you cheesy internet peeps

It's Troy again... Enjoying a glass of wine, and Rush's "Fly By Night" album. One of their earlier ones, but Geddy isn't screaming on it so far.

I liked the instrumental side of 2112, but Geddy's first vocal track was too much screaming.

In other news, Wife wanted to make a pasta casserole... and since she's trying to get her sourdough starter ready to bake with, she found a discard-recipe for Cheesy-Garlic bread.

bread.jpg


It smelled really good while baking...

bread2.jpg


and tasted even better.

Time for some red blend Apothic wine, and Rush. "Permanent Waves" is next up in the CD changer. With "Moving Pictures" and "Signals" right after.
 


The lab results for the type of bacteria I have wasn't known until yesterday because the lab is in Lenexa, KS. It's called pseudomonas aeruginosa.

So apparently now that they know what it is, they have targeted it with this latest prescription. It is supposed to knock this strain out with great effectiveness.

I was told to start it immediately and not wait to finish the current prescription that had two doses left.

The up-side is that this is just once a day. The old one was three times a day.
 
Quite the project! That will keep you busy for most of the next several months.
I gave the info to the owner. He’s building the new drop in frame work. No matter when he brings to me to work on at my bench I can’t begin my part until January and he is aware. Trees are being handled by a friend and his wife. They are now expert conifer tree building experts and will tackle the conifers in this scene. Then they together are going to work on sisal bushes. Hopefully for this scene I don’t have to build any trees. I’m currently working on sisal bushes for a few swamps on this layout and I can tell you the guys who have videos on YouTube have skipped showing a few steps.here 8 of the 32 I am working on. Any deciduous tree in the scene is coming from existing tree inventory.

Sisal bushes from cutting the twine to getting ready for spray painting
IMG_8710.jpeg
IMG_8712.jpeg
IMG_8713.jpeg
IMG_8714.jpeg
IMG_8715.jpeg
IMG_8716.jpeg
IMG_8718.jpeg
IMG_8720.jpeg
IMG_8719.jpeg
IMG_8721.jpeg
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top