Looks great. I suggest a handrail to go with them.My new "safe and to code" steps are done. 1 guy did all them by himself except for the first 6 at the bottom. The blocks are just over 60# each.
Thanks, a custom handrail and installation would have almost doubled the cost of the project.David -
Looks great. I suggest a handrail to go with them.
If you feel like messing with it, you could install a series of fence posts next to the steps so the tops are between waist and chest high, and secure a chain along the tops of the fence posts. It's cheaper than a handrailing, and is not something your neighbors would have--as well as being useful to grab if someone stumbles.Thanks, a custom handrail and installation would have almost doubled the cost of the project.
And when I first started reading your post, I was thinking you were going to say "tonight we made pizza".In other news, Wife wanted to make a pasta casserole...
I gave the info to the owner. He’s building the new drop in frame work. No matter when he brings to me to work on at my bench I can’t begin my part until January and he is aware. Trees are being handled by a friend and his wife. They are now expert conifer tree building experts and will tackle the conifers in this scene. Then they together are going to work on sisal bushes. Hopefully for this scene I don’t have to build any trees. I’m currently working on sisal bushes for a few swamps on this layout and I can tell you the guys who have videos on YouTube have skipped showing a few steps.here 8 of the 32 I am working on. Any deciduous tree in the scene is coming from existing tree inventory.Quite the project! That will keep you busy for most of the next several months.
DeaconKCTomO, quite the project there. I am wondering if it might not be more effective visually to have just 2 or 3 larger falls than the series of smaller ones.
Marco, that is gonna look really sharp, there are many places in the US where two railroads crossed that had joint stations, perhaps that could be used there too.
Willie, you guys enjoy your altered trip and be careful. Are you sure those weren't zombies in the TR?
My Missus has ordered me some new goodies for the train porch. A nice desk and some more storage bins. It will really let me get better organized and have a dedicated place to work on projects instead of the kitchen table. I am planning to have a semi-permanent test track for both HO and N scale which will allow programming as well on the desk. They are supposed to arrive today or tomorrow.
WOW......three rail track into two, two rail tracks. Gotta love AI.well tom you wanted this:
View attachment 275045
thats the third attempt. and i told chatgpt he can do better ahahaha. i also told him the scene should be in the USA. dont know how it came up with this german late 80ies vibe![]()
