Running Bear's October 2026 Coffee Shop

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Put some gravy on them taters and pour it on so it looks like a big white fluffy dog laying on his/her left side. 🤪😄😛😝😜

John
Ha! Ha! 🤣
1791277828046.png
 
Well, howdy there internet peeps and those with mouth's a-watering as you remember the jr. high cafeteria food.

Note: I didn't mention chow hall or mess deck food for those who served.

Lord Fuzzbutt update: He's feeling better after his rough day yesterday. He stayed downstairs in the basement overnight, but at some of his kibbles, and sat on my lap for some rubs this morning.

Either he decided to eat a stray bit of plastic from the hobby table (sprue, 3d printing detritus/support that went flying, or such) or I let one of his water fountains get too far into pink slime. I bought a stainless steel "Kitty Spout" brand, because it was supposed to go up to two weeks between cleanings... Nope. Not even close. I try to change the water three times a week and spray it down with vinegar 1/week. Miss even one of those and it's pink slime time.

So here he is, back in his usual spot. The blue blanket on the ottoman is his warm spot. We keep a heating pad on a timer under the top layer of the blanket. He can get his old butt warmed throughout the day.

fuzzbut.jpg
 


Good morning from Wisconsin. 45f degrees now and 75 later.

Tuesday movie is Heart of the Beast with Brad Pitt and a dog! This seems to be the best of the crappy movies. We have not gone the last 2 weeks because there just hasn’t been anything that looked decent.

I’ll be cutting today. I haven’t driven a tractor in years but along with the son in law we are cutting the 20 acres between our place and the main house, his vineyard and with the zero turns 2 of the paddocks. The plan is 10 till 1 and see how far we get. Normally cut once a month as the grandson and his dad cut do it but since school started, soccer and the wet weather they haven’t been able to get out there. So the SIL asked and I said yes. This should be the final cutting of the year.

Willie, happy trails and safe tripping!

Enjoy the day
 
Good morning at 43°F chilly degrees out there. I have the house closed up on the first floor, but left the windows open upstairs overnight. All of that cold air spilled right down the steps and cooled the downstairs to 66°F when I was up at 0530.

First day of running the furnace this year. It will probably shut off for the day by 1200. It's supposed to be in the upper 70°F today, and a few days in the mid-80°F nearer the end of the week.

Sleeping without extra plumbing installed was a treat overnight. I didn't wake up until my turbo-Diesel alarm went off around 0330 and then quickly fell asleep again. I'll check my bandage later when I dress and see if there is any seepage and change the bandage. They sent me home with plenty of medical supplies to take care of me.

Definitely cooking on the grill today. I'm just doing brats and burgers. Grocery shopping for a few items is done and should be here around 9-ish this morning. Nothing else going on here today.

Have a great Tuesday.

Servus!
 
Good morning all!

A bit warmer today. More like an early summer day. Currently its a cool 45F but the temps will rebound to 75F under mostly sunny skies. Our beautiful weather continues.

Have a busy morning. Daughter has to be at school early doe a club meeting. I also have to take the dog to the vet for her yearly visit at 9:30. Probably a load of laundry. Probably a couple of other things I'm forgetting.

Volleyball game tonight is at home so no travel involved. Should be home fairly early since they play at 5:00.

have a safe day everyone!
 
Good Morning All. Clear and a cool 60°. Should range in the 60°-85° range for at least the next two weeks. But I won't be back until a week from today, so I won't know! However, true to history, when we go to Gulf Shores for the annual vacation, we attract tropical storms and in a couple of years, mild hurricanes. This year is no different. There's currently a tropical depression trying to form near the east coast of Mexico, that might take aim at us this coming weekend. Although it may actually veer off to the east a little and head for Terry instead. The NWS doesn't really have a clue as usual. That's all right, we're going anyway, especially now that I have the new tires!

Dishwasher, laundry, packing, partial car loading, checking the list; all occupied my time yesterday. Just as I was getting ready to put the pool cover on, we got the tire call, so that awaits me this morning. Normally doesn't take more than 30 minutes, but anything may go awry.

While I did get some time out in the train shed yesterday, it was brief and all that I did was run a few trains, since I'll be gone. Don't expect any time out there today.

Michael - Best wishes on a continued recovery. What a relief it must be to get rid of the extra plumbing.
Troy - Lord FB is almost as much trouble as a real kid!
I love my HOA; I am the only member! And I have miles and miles of paved (well sorta) walking trails called the road out front.
Karl - Get well soon.
Kusojiji - Like you, I still have the old 80's Bachmann stigma in my mind, even though I actually know better. But remember how LifeLike eventually redeemed themselves with P2K.

Not much in the way of R&R birthdays today, other than Kevin Cronin, vocalist for REO Speedwagon. If you ever saw them live, you might have noticed that he seems to talk as much as he sings.

Thanks to everyone for the safe travel wishes. Everyone have a great Tuesday. I'll stop by as I am able.
 


But it’s not. And with SIM spoofing it’s easy to take over someone’s number if they really want to and can somehow get the basic info needed to do it. This is how most of the big hacks you hear about happen.

It’s why some places have gone away from 2FA and require Passkeys and stuff like that now. Passkeys are far better and more secure.
Hmmm, maybe so, I'm not that much of a techie. In this case that doesn't matter though. It's what your institution thinks and has been sold that's going to set policy. 🤷‍♀️
 
Morning All! 55 in the Brew City today, going to 70. Mostly sunny. The leaves are coming down. Been taking time off from the hobby a bit as I got rather burned out on all those passenger car upgrades. they were worth it, but they got repetitive. Nice to see the human verification seems to have helped out the situation here. It was getting rather frustrating for a while. Got a few yardwork tasks to do, end of season cleanup and so forth. Should be a quiet day. Enjoy yours!
 
Good morning, all! While is is still quite warm, we have a northerly breeze which is dry air. All in all a comfortable day. It is also PT day. The jury is still out as to whether or not PT is working.

Got this in my email this morning.
The Living Legend Returns: No. 844 to Reunite with Big Boy for Holiday Tour
[td]

After a six-year hiatus, Union Pacific's Living LegendNo. 844 is returning to the rails. The legendary steam locomotive willjoin Big Boy No. 4014 for Union Pacific's historic holiday tour thisNovember, marking the first public appearance for No. 844 since thepair
traveled together in 2019 to celebrate the 150th anniversaryof the driving of the Golden Spike in Utah.


The two steam locomotives will run as a "double header"during a fundraising excursion from Greeley to Denver, Colorado, on Nov.21 for the Make-A-Wish Foundation, which will include a donation fromUnion Pacific's Community Ties Giving Program. The steam duo will thenbe on public display later that day at Denver's Union Station, withSanta Claus and his elves in the terminal handing out limited-editiongifts. Admission is free and open to the public.​
[/td]​

Willie - Safe traveling. Keep an eye to starboard!

STAY SAFE
LATER
 
Labs at the doctors office went ok.
I had to wait 30 minutes past my appointed time .And with the "Please arrive 15 minutes before your appointment", I spent a little over an hour exposed to the sickies in the waiting room.

That sausage egg and cheese biscuit sure was tasty with a cup of coffee.

I got a workout pushing a cart thru Walmart wandering around the grocery aisles for 90 minutes.
Just glad to be home and back to my lounger.
 






Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top