Running Bear's October 2026 Coffee Shop

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Looks like another inch of rain fell while we were out on the grocery trek, 5.5" in 12 hours. Ground was so dry that it all soaked in with no runoff at all. Local vegetation is happy but it may have been too late for a couple of my trees.
We made it in and out of Denton before POTUS arrival, but I went out of town via an alternate route to be safe. We also went to town via a different rural highway due to IH35 being closed due to an accident. More than a handful of 18-wheelers had also exited and ran on the parallel rural road with us. Using that parallel road is a bit tricky at the beginning, so they must have known what they were doing. Even had time to get a haircut while out and stop by the tire place to inquire about the set of tires that I ordered ten days ago...still not there! OK, Time to head out to the train shed.
 
I just received a message from my nurse practitioner agreeing with me about the CT scan results this morning. No indicated bladder leak anywhere.

She told me to come in after 0830 tomorrow morning and she would remove the Foley cat and the drain. Tomorrow will be my first normal day since the 13th.
 
1790887605890.png
 


I just received a message from my nurse practitioner agreeing with me about the CT scan results this morning. No indicated bladder leak anywhere.

She told me to come in after 0830 tomorrow morning and she would remove the Foley cat and the drain. Tomorrow will be my first normal day since the 13th.
That's great news.

Bet it will be a relief to finally be free of all that!
 
You bet it will be.

I didn't expect her to be able to make the call after viewing the images. I thought my surgeon was going to do that. But I don't care who approved it, I'm just glad she agreed with me and are pulling the plumbing out.

Tomorrow afternoon?

Paulaner001.jpg
 


cleared for a few beers finally
Hooyah!! I had a laugh when the group of patients had a meeting with the Dr after the surgery (8 of us that got operated on on the same day). After all the questions were asked, one guy squeezed in about booze. The Dr. said no issues and the rest of the group breathed a sigh of relief. I gave that guy an ovation.
 
I'm dreading the day I lose my phone, or my phone gets shut off or damaged. I have been forced to tie my entire life to my phone number and text messages.
The latest, which I may have complained about previously, is my bank now refuses to interact with me in any way unless I allow them to call me with automated messages. They used to allow me to receive verification codes via email, but not any more. Then they would grudgingly text the verification code to me, but now it is via an automated voice phone call verbally telling me the verification code. It has gotten to the point I can't do anything without having to verify my identity via a text message or phone call.
 
Good morning all. It's about 20C/68F outside. Looks like it rained last night. It is guessed to be a cloudy, rainy day today with the bright yellow thing showing up tomorrow.

BP 115/82 which is better. Won't take the lisinopril today and monitor later. Weight still coming down at 59.1. Wife bought me some raw spinach, so I'll wash that and prepare it by cutting the stems off so that it all fits in my container. I eat those too.

Eyeball is still blurry and I am eagerly waiting for it to finally clear. Then I'll go get a new set of reading glasses. I was able to add all them tiny detail parts to my Imperial train set, but had to take a lot of breaks to keep the strain off the one good eyeball.
ROOF DETAILS.JPG

LIGHTS ON.JPG

IMPERIAL COACH.JPG


Yeah, I'm going to need to read Troy's guide to photo lighting for dummys.
 
Update on the Maplesville, Alabama train wreck this morning.. Norfolk Southern was carrying garbage in the derailed cars, some of which were open top, wood chip type cars. These cars were off their frames and had come apart. NS workers are using front end loaders to scoop up the stinking garbage and loading into trucks.

This afternoon, a another NS train hit a tractor trailer truck in the outskirts of another small town, Springville, Alabama. Two engines were damaged and about 35 cars derailed, including several tank cars. No hazardous materials are on the ground. It will take a couple days to clear this main line.

I'm getting a little nervous since I live about 1/8 mile uphill from a NS mainline.
 
Last edited:
Good morning all. It's about 20C/68F outside. Looks like it rained last night. It is guessed to be a cloudy, rainy day today with the bright yellow thing showing up tomorrow.

BP 115/82 which is better. Won't take the lisinopril today and monitor later. Weight still coming down at 59.1. Wife bought me some raw spinach, so I'll wash that and prepare it by cutting the stems off so that it all fits in my container. I eat those too.

Eyeball is still blurry and I am eagerly waiting for it to finally clear. Then I'll go get a new set of reading glasses. I was able to add all them tiny detail parts to my Imperial train set, but had to take a lot of breaks to keep the strain off the one good eyeball.
View attachment 274642
View attachment 274643
View attachment 274644

Yeah, I'm going to need to read Troy's guide to photo lighting for dummys.

Those are great looking coaches.
 


Those are great looking coaches.
Yeah, I'm glad I got them. I go for this era or older stuff. I think I am teetering on the edge of the wooden to metal car transition timeframe.

But, I am not sure if I should have used the natural color of lights instead of the bulb color. This train came out in the late 1920's (SHOWA emperor was 1926-1989) and fluorescent may have been used. I like the bulb color, though.

I'll run the train later tonight.
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top