Running Bear's October 2026 Coffee Shop

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


818195679_28968375646103419_666310668270798674_n.jpg

Sound familiar??
 
View attachment 274618
Good Thursday morning, Coffee Shop! :cool:
It's 69°F (20.5°C) and mostly cloudy in Tipton.
View attachment 274619


Have a great day!;)
Well, call me crazy but the gravy on the sausage on the hash browns looks to be in the shape of a large fluffy white haired dog laying on his/her left side. Raised head on the right end white curled fluffy tail on the left end.

John
 


bnsf971 said :
The latest, which I may have complained about previously, is my bank now refuses to interact with me in any way unless I allow them to call me with automated messages.

That almost seems backwards.
In every "scam" video I have seen, a person is always to be on the alert of phone calls from their bank as that is usually someone trying to scam you out of some money. To avoid a scam, you are always instructed to call your bank back or go to a nearby branch to verify any issue. My bank says be aware of any calls from them as they will never call me on my phone about any issues or notifications. They send e-mails telling me to log in or call them for any info.

John
 
bnsf971 said :
The latest, which I may have complained about previously, is my bank now refuses to interact with me in any way unless I allow them to call me with automated messages.

That almost seems backwards.
In every "scam" video I have seen, a person is always to be on the alert of phone calls from their bank as that is usually someone trying to scam you out of some money. To avoid a scam, you are always instructed to call your bank back or go to a nearby branch to verify any issue. My bank says be aware of any calls from them as they will never call me on my phone about any issues or notifications. They send e-mails telling me to log in or call them for any info.

John
It’s common with weak 2FA systems for them to either call you with the code or text you the code. You don’t get a blind call. You hit the button when trying to log in and they call you. I never choose that option and choose text or email but a few times I’ve had to get it that way — call with voice.
 
I'm filling the forms to submit my claims to TRICARE and was wondering if I should go through the hassle and claim the ones that were about $20 for the visit. I am leaning towards it as it may take up the minimum payment thing. The train rides and parking fees have added up to ¥48,000, which is about $310 so far. The surgery, hospital stay and the drugs cost me $845, which isn't bad. I hope TRICARE off-sets some of that. I think my tooth crown cost more.
 


Sleeping so well has my sleep schedule in transition. But I'm not complaining! I am thankful I don't have to go to the bathroom so often.

Waking up so early I caught the end of the Phillies @ Braves, live baseball! The Wild Card round is over, on to the Division Series!
1790913146218.png


After catching the baseball game, I managed to see the end of the Steelers @ Browns matchup. I always get a kick out of seeing the Steelers lose.

Browns 27 - Steelers 24

My dislike for the Steelers started well before they and the Ravens became division rivals. All I’ll say is it began in 1975 and only grew stronger in 1976. I'm watching the replay of the Steelers and Browns before I watch the replay of the Phillies and Braves, that tells you how much i enjoy watching the Steelers lose!
 
well well well

its already october holy hell. the year went quick.
yesterday i dont know why, well i know why. i saw some pictures of Pelle Keld Søeborg's newest modules. His such a talented modeller.
And he stated that he built those modules on the European FREMO US standards... and this made me thinking...

iam now thinking to tear down my shelf layout, and start over but with modules.

why?

- i learned a lot with starting my layout
- many mistakes where made
- iam still not happy with my curve (after 2times reconstructing my "mountain"
- iam still in the phase of track and no landsacping (expect the curve)
- track plan is without any plan of how to operate

positiv points:

- i could restart and taken all that i have learned into the modules
- simplify track plan
- plan 2-3 small industries

iam only strugling with finding the right measurements for the curved modules. bit i think i dont have the space for a 60° curve. this would be too big. so i maybe will there just build a smaller curve.

or (mindflash right niw) i make a straight module with a turnout that goes left on a tighter angle.... why did i not think about that earlier...

those are just some thoughts. when i do the module style, i can build what ever module i want, and i can switch them out. oneday i want to build i high dense industrie the other day iam more in the mood on railfaning along a river...

cheers and a great friday

Marco
 
Good morning, Everybody!

No work for us today. I will be taking my wife to the airport this afternoon, she is visiting her sister in Hungary. It has been over 8-years. It was hard to convince her I would be okay without working this morning. She will have a very long day as it is. Convincing her I would be okay without her for a week was much harder! I had to promise her I would not try to work alone. I would not fall or die, and I would not burn the house down. I have been known to put hotdogs on the stove and forget about them. I promised i would not leave the basement kitchen until they were off the stove. She knows I am a man of my word. But I know she will still worry about me for other reasons.

A week off with no work... I have fun planned for me - finishing my 2025 taxes. God willing, I will get done early and have time to work on my Christmas trains. My plan is to add a postwar transformer to the mix. I have a conventional Lionel Santa's Flyer that is the perfect candidate to be powered by a postwar transformer, it has no modern electronics.

To replace the activity, I will miss from not working I will walk around in the back yard several times each morning to keep my glucose in line. I will live on frozen spinach, a few other canned vegetables and hotdogs. If I have a day with low glucose, I might even go wild and make hamburger and have it on a kaiser roll!

I’m not going to Hungary, even though I’d love to, because while my health is getting better, I’m still not ready for such a long journey. When Aeroflot, the Russian airline, bought Malev, the Hungarian airline, they stopped the direct flight from New York to Budapest. Now, the connecting flights make the long trip even longer.

Enjoy your day Everybody!
 
Good morning. 64°F out there and a little misty after the front passed and dropped very few raindrops. The sidewalk was barely wet when I was out with Willow a few minutes ago. Temperature right now is the high for the day...so they say.

Off to the nurse's office in a few hours for plumbing removal. This will probably be the best Friday of Autumn for me. Perfect weather, whole again, and Hofbräu Bier and brats for dinner.

Y'all have a great October day!

Servus!
 






Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top