Running Bear's October 2026 Coffee Shop

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


IMG_8738.jpeg
 
Well, howdy there internet peeps, and those who witnessed Lawrence Welk go One Toke Over the Line with "a modern Spiritual"


It's Troy again. No toking here. Might be some Tolkien, but no toking.

Deconstructing keeps progressing. The center peninsula has been relegated in pieces to the garage.

Now the other peninsula get's its turn to deconstruct.

Screenshot 2026-10-11 at 10.40.23 AM.png


The section up against the wall will slide down to join the far end. This morning I added a leg instead of a brace to the far end (right behind the green bucket.) Here's the part that will merge with the other once I deconstruct the peninsula.
Screenshot 2026-10-11 at 10.40.38 AM.png


Wife wants a spud with chili and cheese at McAllisters' deli. She was delighted when I reminded her that we have a free spud in the rewards program. So it looks like a French Dip for me.
 
Morning All! 67 in the Brew City today, going to 76. Not bad for mid-October. I was wondering if we'd get an Indian Summer and it looks like we did. Going to mow shortly. Maybe a little modeling later but to be frank I have been enjoying the break. Getting ready for a trip to Gulf Shores next week. We rented one of those big houses on the beach Willie spoke of. We've heard from the leasing company, and they said it's OK to come. They weren't hit as bad as they feared. Looks like we dodged a bullet. We got run out of Florida once some years back because of a storm. It was not fun, but since we have family in Birmingham it wasn't a total disaster.

I had a train out for a spin at the club a while back. I always liked the Southern's high short hoods and long hood forward running, as well as their Tuxedo scheme so when I ran across these, I just couldn't resist them. They have joined the orphan fleet as I call my small collection of non SP/ATSF/UP equipment. there is also a Blue NKP PA, some Illinois Terminal equipment, and a couple of ACL engines for when I want a different flavor of railroading. Variety is the spice of life as someone once said. For your viewing pleasure! They will be weathered eventually. I also picked up a Conrail caboose to bring up the rear. Enjoy your day.

 


Good morning/afternoon all!

Another summer like day in store. Currently a sunny 61F. Heading for a high of 82F. Should be decent for mowing later.

Busy day already with laundry going and grocery shopping done. Have to do everything today since out tournament yesterday was all day and we played in the top round at 3:30 yesterday. 3rd overall out of 16 teams. We didnt get home till 5:45.

Heave a safe day everyone!
 
Nah, that only happens in Jersey, where the mere mention of rain causes cancellation of all events and roads.
As a kid growing up in Mass, I waited for the bus for middle school down at the intersection a couple 1/10s down from our driveway.

One fall day I was standing there. Occasionally light sprinkles. Not that cold. Bus never came. Stood there waiting forever. Finally a guy drove by and said that school was canceled. We asked why. He said “weather”. 🤔

We were in a three town district spread out along the NH border and I guess the furthest west town, elevation 200 ft, had gotten some snow. We had elevation around 50ft and just a light drizzle. Not even that cold feeling. Being a school district they canceled all he schools in the district. Best “snow day” ever.
 
Good afternoon. We are not home yet. We left Prescott, Wi at 11am and made it 30 miles before we stopped at a brewpub in Red Wing, Mn. left at 1/2 time. There were 6 TV’s with the Vikings and 1 with the Bear game. It wasn’t the Packer game it was the Bear game as the Packers were not acknowledged by the patrons. A 4.5 hour drive home is 6 hours in and we’ve got no idea which way we are going after we cross the River in LaCrosse

The weather and colors have been wonderful. Red Wing, Lake City and now Winona have always been great stops. With sunset at 6:22 we won’t make it home in the light. We have discussed the 2.5 hour Interstate way home or more backroads at 3.25 hours way home. We have another 20 minutes of driving before a decision is needed. Either way we would get home in the dark and yes we have discussed the option of staying in LaCrosse or Virquoa, Wi. tonight.

Tom
 
Well welcome home and safe travels as appropriate. Good day at Church with Mexican lunch at a place called El Rey's that is a true Mexican place. Excellent meal and quick, the Owner is always out keeping everything running smoothly. Took a nap after getting home from the Afternoon Service. Might venture out and do more sorting/storing on the stuff under the layout. You guys have a good night.
 


Good morning all. Its another cool, sunny day, but with gusts. I think that's what woke me up at 0450 this morning. Had a cup of cold coffee and then made the hot stuff after everbody else woke up.

I pulled up the green bean plant yesterday as the cage I put around it was too tight. Plant didn't have enough room for light and air flow, so it never really gave me much output. So, I added some fertilizer, added some potting mix and planted some sugar snap peas. Need to figure out a better solution for the supports rather than using the cage that I had, which is basically chicken wire on stakes.

Better get going on this as I am now starting to feel tired. Time to get the blood flowing.

Have a good day!
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top