Running Bear's June 2026 Coffee Shop

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning All. Partly sunny and 71° this morning.

Maybe this site will improve before I finish this post.:mad: Right now it's not working at all. I should not have to spend five minutes just to give a "like".

Don't remember what I did yesterday except pick Tomatoes and mow with the push mower. But it must have been something because we went out instead of fixing supper at home. Despite being cloudy most of the day, the pool still felt great.

Mowing is back on the agenda today after the rain Sunday morning.

I finished up all of the roadway striping in my latest project area out in the train shed yesterday. I'm at another grade crossing and need to put the painted RR on the road and install another Blair Line crossing. This one is curved.

Terry - How did the orthopedic visit go?
Tom O -
The City of Verona does not allow ATV’s access to the streets, the Town of Verona does. I ‘d have to use City streets to get there, the ticket is not worth it.
Doesn't seem to bother anyone out here in the boonies! I've seen them on state highways.
They are entirely legitimate and not a scam site, but they operate at a slower, small-shop pace. If you need parts or scenery supplies with a tight project deadline, the distributor lag and communication gaps might frustrate you. If you aren't in a rush and want to take advantage of good pricing on hard-to-find HO components, they are worth a shot—just expect that it might take a couple of weeks to hit your doorstep.
Amazon has spoiled people with their "instant gratification" model. I can wait.
Troy -
Welcome to today's edition of "What is Troy Smoking Now?"
Brisket flat?
Chet - You got me beat with that -43°. I think that the coldest weather that I have grilled in was around +25°. No snow though.
Swal - I can't access that video either.

Let's see if this will post!
Everyone have a great Tuesday
 
IMG_7244.jpeg
 
Good morning everyone. 65 now 68f degrees later for the high is the guessers guess. No rain in the forecast as the highest % right now over the next 36 hours is 24%. But the local weather media guessers almost want to say the world is ending with a biblical weather event that starts tomorrow afternoon! We shall see. The son said in a text I35 frontage roads in Austin some flooded.

How is England going to enforce a social media ban for age 16 and under? I know leaders of governments seem to do anything but how would that physically actually work? Most of the teens and now adults can’t put the damn things down during meals. We have a basket that all phones go into and we’ve had guests get ticked off. Just like no hats at the table either. I know because I have been told I’m evil and demented!

Enjoy the day
 


Good morning everyone. 65 now 68f degrees later for the high is the guessers guess. No rain in the forecast as the highest % right now over the next 36 hours is 24%. But the local weather media guessers almost want to say the world is ending with a biblical weather event that starts tomorrow afternoon! We shall see. The son said in a text I35 frontage roads in Austin some flooded.

How is England going to enforce a social media ban for age 16 and under? I know leaders of governments seem to do anything but how would that physically actually work? Most of the teens and now adults can’t put the damn things down during meals. We have a basket that all phones go into and we’ve had guests get ticked off. Just like no hats at the table either. I know because I have been told I’m evil and demented!

Enjoy the day
The way they’re currently doing it is forcing everybody to upload their photo ID to an independent identity verification site.
And of course several of those sites were promptly hacked, and people's info stolen.
 
Looks like the forum is acting up again. To answer the question about the finger, the orthopedic doc says it is healing well, and I have an appointment for July 13th.
The electrician is here now, and is figuring out how to undo the problem with the plumbing/electrical.
 
Alan - I'm the same way about making a charcoal fire for just two steaks; worse for a couple of pieces of fish. I always have hot links or dinner sausage cooking as well.
It normally doesn't rain as much here as in Milwaukee, so I generally don't have to mow as often, so I am on an 8 day schedule. But parts of the area that I keep mowed (~3 acres total) only get it every 12-14 days. It looks quite rough as well.

I went through most of my stash of Conecuh sausage and hot dogs. One pack of sausage left! You can't get it up here unless you order it from Amazon at a substantial surcharge. It's an Alabama based company, so I either eat the surcharge or take a road trip with the van and load up on produce, peanuts (we don't do those well up here) and so forth.
 


I hope no one here pre-paid for a Shay locomotive from KR-Models in Canada. They shut down the site, shutdown their FB page, and scammed everyone that pre-paid for a product they never made.

I knew something was off 2 years ago when I sent KR an email twice (4 weeks apart) asking about the Shay and received no responses. Big red flag for me. Some people paid their deposits over 5 years ago. Bachmann is going to re-release their 3-truck Shay this Winter, but with steel gears this time.
 
Looks like that wiring job was the least of my problems.
They used that pipe because it didn't go into the sewer, it just dumped on the ground under the house.
There is now a plumber enroute. The electric place and I are going to be splitting the bill, my half is $900.
 
And my day seems to continue to get more interesting. I just received a deposit in my checking account from a random person. I'm guessing this is the "accidental payment" scam. I'll wait a while before doing anything with the surprise money, and see if it disappears as suddenly as it appeared.
 
Hello folks, 81F and sunny here, heading for 85.
On the topic of un=designed things going in the dishwasher, it was common in the 80s and 90s when folks would buy surplus military firarms they would be still covered in Cosmoline. Some foolhardy folks would use the dishwasher to clean the gunk off....needless to say most Ladies of the House objected to this practice.
@bnsf971 hope the repairs are not too expensive.
Got some hobbying done last night, mostly repairing some broken railings on some buildings that had arrived in a lot and were not well packed. Also, waiting on some supplies to arrive so I can get some more work completed.
Lifting the last of the last cup of coffee from pot #1 to you all.
 
Good afternoon, Everybody!

We took the day off today after my pretty little Angel missed a small step, slipped, and slightly twisted her right ankle yesterday. Thankfully, she managed to land in the soft grass instead of on the concrete sidewalk, she’s quite an agile little lady. There’s just a bit of swelling in her ankle today, so no work, better safe than sorry.

The delivery was less than 15 yards from the car on her side, just a small package and no big dog in sight. Aside from three staggered steps, it was flat ground, it should’ve been no problem. But a simple lapse, like not watching her step, can go wrong fast. The worst part was seeing her fall and being unable to do anything except help her back up. According to the app on her phone, she takes over 6,000 steps a day; having one bad step every few years isn’t a bad track record.

Thank God she didn’t re-injure the left ankle and foot she had severely twisted and broken, which has healed up perfectly. This time it’s just a minor sprain to her right ankle, with the swelling almost gone and the pain greatly reduced.

So, what does she do this morning? She adjusts the ankle boot, brace, or whatever it’s called left from her injured her left ankle to fir the right. She was planning to cut the grass. “I’m sorry, sweetie, but there’s no way that’s going to happen!”

My doctors have advised me to avoid any strenuous activity, especially in hot weather. I thought I could step in today to cut the grass in this cool, low-humidity weather. When I got started at 8am, it was only 66 with 49% humidity, in the middle of June!

Our yard is not big; it can be cut with our electric push mower in less than an hour. I took it slow, with several breaks and finished in a little over 1.5 hours, no worse for the wear. This was the first time I cut the grass since my third heart attack and I feel great! My little Angel was worried, but I showed her my pretty feet - no swelling or chest pains as proof my heart is fine.

As I always say, "suffering can be a blessing if you embrace it" The blessing in this case: I found out I can once again cut the grass, without having chest pains or my feet swelling. Listening to my cardiologist and following all of his advice these last three years has paid off. God has never given me a "cross" I could not carry.

I'm still dealing with the prostate problem, but hopeful that will improve with the next surgery scheduled for July 8th. This Thursday I get the stiches removed from the surgery to remove a growth from the back of my head. Things are looking up!

I celebrated with uncured beef hotdogs cooked in the air fryer, topped with yellow mustard and no bread, along with my usual garden salad.

It's time to watch some baseball, life is good!

Enjoy your day Everybody!
 


Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top