Running Bear's Coffee Shop XLVI

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Yesterday was a bit brisk out here. Started off at minus 24 and warmed (?) up to minus 14. Clouded over a bit and no only minus 14. Is it April yet ???

Got the car out of the snow drift and the drive plowed so there no outside work to do. Going to take off until Monday. It's nice and warn down in the train room so I am going to head down there and get working on the city streets.
 
Morning All,

I think the only thing I have planned today is cleaning bathrooms. MOH has a SPA appointment at 1 PM. Right now she is still snoozing on the couch. She doesn't sleep well at night most of the time. No plans for tonight other than chilling. It is hard to believe that tomorrow 2015 will be here. Time flies.

I found out one of my Uncles is coming down for my Dad's birthday in February. He has been an avid MRR his whole life but does O scale in his basement. I'm sure we will run trains together when he is here.;)

MIL113-
I feel the same way about the Pennsy. You can never have too much!

Terry-
What was wrong with the video? It looked great to me.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE

I hope everyone has a great day and night and be safe out there.
 
A truly fitting way to end the year. This rarely happens in this part of the country. It's 34 degrees, so it won't last long!
Milwaukee 113 .. This is for you .. Your favorite color!
image.jpg
COLD ORANGE JUICE ANYONE?
 
Last edited by a moderator:


Flip I have one of those walkers with a seat. That is what built up my stamina after all my health problems. I would not be walking as good as I do now with out it. Thank you for thinking of me.

Terry in WI. your video and layout look great!

I am sure many of you already know this, but I just realized taking pictures of my trains running really adds to the fun!

As you will see from the pictures I have much to learn, but I am enjoying it.

I was sitting in the dark with my trains running taking pictures and my youngest grandson comes down and said in a very excited voice "Oh my God Poppy that is so cool!" He took over running the trains and I took pictures. :) Does it get any better then this?

Here are a couple I really liked; the first one is my layout with trains running in the dark and the second is under our living room Christmas tree.

P1011714.jpgP1011696.jpg

Have a safe and happy new year everybody!
 
Good day, all.... While waiting for some lunch, a quick check in. My morning got taken up with a Dr visit that was uneventful. DairyStateMom was concerned about something going on with me and prevailed upon me to get it checked. Fortunately it's nothing, but I am glad to have the peace of mind. DairyStateKid-M finally completed his enlistment process yesterday, and as a bonus, got slotted into the job assignment of his preference (MP). So come graduation in June, it will be off to boot camp and then 4years or more in the care of Uncle Sam.

I have an early evening shift at the paper, then a quiet new years eve with DSM. I think I will pull out some car kits to work on while we listen to Midnight Special on WFMT (our annual new year's eve ritual). Tomorrow, more feeder soldering. And maybe some track cleaning.

Have a safe and happy new year's eve, everyone.
 
Garry I sent CJ a PM about 3 weeks ago, but I have not heard from him.

The last I heard from him he was having trouble with his shoulder and it was making typing uncomfortable.

I hope that is all it is.
 

If there is righteousness in the heart,
there will be beauty in the character.
If there is beauty in the character,
there will be harmony in the home.
If there is harmony in the home,
there will be order in the nation.
If there is order in the nation,
there will be peace in the world.
So let it be!


Bliadhna mhath ur!
Happy New Year!

​
 
By Bruette;

I have the utmost respect for a man who goes his own way regardless of what others think.

Thanks, Louis. NEVER BE ORDINARY!!!

Here's wishing everyone a safe and happy New Year!!! Out with ordinary, in with uniqueness!
 


It got up to 6f, but the wind was bad all day!
Neat pics being posted!
Mil113, you got me drooling with those NP F-units! I need More NP power, but they're hard to find. At least within my budget.
Louis, let's see some more shots of the layout!
Montanan, keep yer cold to yerself, thankyouverymuch! We've had enough here already! Ha! Looked at your blog and such, nice work! Love the NP power!

Thanks for the comments, fellas!

Here's part 2, same train.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGIXi-TUras

Happy New Year if I don't get back here!
Terry in NW Wisconsin
 
We beat you, Got up to * degrees with a nice sunny, clear day. Probably get colder than snot tonight again.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php


attachment.php


Here's some more F units for you. The first on is a westbound North Coast Limited in Livingston, MT. Liked the video.

Have to get ready to go out tonight. Someone came up with the idea of dressing us as some movie character for the evening. We're supposed to meet for dinner and than gather at a friends house for the evening. I would prefer to have been asleep for a few hours before the clock strikes 2015.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE !!!
 
Louis, the 3802 was the Trains All American Diesel. Really, it was the Trains American Average Diesel. They used a complex algorithm to decide on the "winner". It was supposed to be a 2042hp 4 axle road switcher owned by a Class I railroad, with between 1 and 1.6 million miles on it, built within a certain timeframe, used primarily in an area East of the Mississippi, and a slew of other criteria. It was decided B&O 3802 was the absolutely most average locomotive they could find.
 
Good Morning It's 25°, Dark Clear and Noisy! HAPPY NEW YEAR !

May 2015 be Safe, Prosperous and Blessed, and live up to your Expectations.

Joe
 
Good morning and Happy New Year to you and yours!!
Wish yous alp the very best for 2015!!

IMG_20141231_134159_zpsvqeudk5c.jpg

(Milwaukee Road Locomotives by Thomas J. Strauss, photo by Karl Henkels)
 
13-new-year-wallpaper_zps70bc8f2e.png


HAPPY NEW YEAR!​

Coffee-pouring-Copy.png


Good Morning! Today is Thu 1/1/15.

Cold again with a high of 32. Nothing planned yet for today.

BLUECOFFEEMAN.png


trainwreck.png


Tipton.gif

Temperature in TIPTON IN



5d6398a3-5ea8-49e9-a8e5-cd09f54d84ae_zpsc51d3c89.png

IN MEMORIAM - JEFFREY WIMBERLY​
 
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! GO RAVENS!!!

Good Morning Everybody

28 with clear skies in southeast Baltimore.

I hope everybody had a safe and Happy New Years Eve and may this be your best year ever! (I think I may be watching too much Sponge Bob)

By Bruette;

Thanks, Louis. NEVER BE ORDINARY!!!

Here's wishing everyone a safe and happy New Year!!! Out with ordinary, in with uniqueness!

I agree 100%!



If there is righteousness in the heart,
there will be beauty in the character.
If there is beauty in the character,
there will be harmony in the home.
If there is harmony in the home,
there will be order in the nation.
If there is order in the nation,
there will be peace in the world.
So let it be!


Bliadhna mhath ur!
Happy New Year!

​

Where do you come up with these great poems? Thanks for posting that!

Also that Orange #113-A locomotive looks to be the perfect locomotive for you!

Louis, the 3802 was the Trains All American Diesel. Really, it was the Trains American Average Diesel. They used a complex algorithm to decide on the "winner". It was supposed to be a 2042hp 4 axle road switcher owned by a Class I railroad, with between 1 and 1.6 million miles on it, built within a certain timeframe, used primarily in an area East of the Mississippi, and a slew of other criteria. It was decided B&O 3802 was the absolutely most average locomotive they could find.

It's a good thing they don't chose college All-Americans that way! Either way I love a Chessie/B&O GP!

As always Terry I appreciate you sharing your knowledge with us, you are truly amazing, a walking encyclopedia!, thank you very much.

PS I will keep my eyes open for the occasional curve ball, hopefully it won't go straight past me next time!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Find them here and there Louis...think that one's Scottish.
Hope that you, my newfound friends and your families, are having a great start on 2015!
Eager to get more of these Milwaukee Road Locomotives books, as they're bl**dy great!
The other two that I've got, never mentioned, as I recall, which of Milwaukee Road's GP9's, where Phase 1, Phase 2 or Phase 3!
Here I've got it! So, now I can get suitable GP9's for #2413 (before being renumbered #210), which is a Phase 1 and #313 which were a Phase 3...

Have a pleasant day lads!
 


One thing about it mate, if you never build a layout, you could finish up with the largest MILW library in the world. Just watch out for those orange eyes. :p:rolleyes:
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top