Running Bear's Coffee Shop XLVI

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.




Actually, there's something for you to research, did they supply toothpaste on their passenger cars? Could've done.
 
COFFEE_POURING-Copy.png


Good Morning! Today is Fri 1/2/15.

Rain later with a high of 36.

BLUECOFFEEMAN.png


trainwreck.png


Tipton.gif

Temperature in TIPTON IN



5d6398a3-5ea8-49e9-a8e5-cd09f54d84ae_zpsc51d3c89.png

IN MEMORIAM - JEFFREY WIMBERLY​
 
A quick note before I get into a nice warm bed 3:40 Am. It's very cold here, 28.6 °F - Feels Like 20 °F, they got that right.
Humidity is 74%


Say Karl, I'm modeling Colorado and areas South. Also I'm modeling a backwoods rural type of setting and I have at least one shot of some trackage going to the Monarch Mine which is at least 8%. Even so most of my loco's pull the grade with at least three to four cars and a single engine.

Good night/morning before I freeze!
 
Morning all. 2 above to start off the day. Will probably work some more on the layout today. Enjoyed the posts yesterday. Time for another cup of Joe.
 


Good morning everybody!

39 with mostly sunny skies in south east Baltimore

Today I have both my grandsons and we are going to have fun! First we are going to play some board games then after lunch we are going to play some kick ball with our new set Santa brought. Last but not least when we are worn out we will run trains! Life is good, thank God!

Terry I am glad to see you survived the set up for the RV show. Is it over yet or does it go on through the weekend?

Have a great day everybody!
 
Good Morning y'all
Ahh, the wonderful aroma of fresh brewed coffee. Thanks Mr. T.

Curt- Knew it was DCC. [Gotchya]
Terry-If anything can go wrong, it will. "We planned for every contingency ,nothing can go wrong, go wrong, go wrong."
Montana-Youse is a good teacher.
Karl-I'm 78 1/2 years old. When auto parts catalogs went to 'pukers, I was faster AND more accurate with my printed cats. than others on their 'pukers. Not all "improvements" are better. Others can adjust, I'm stuck in the past with certain things. I enjoy my DC empire. If I want to have "NOISE", my MRC controller gives me the choice of Steam chuffs or Diesel growls. Sounds great running a diesel engine with steamer sound. lol
Garry- There were and probably still are, semis with long wheelbases. I remember seeing them on the hiways. OH heck, now just remembered, there are a bunch of them here,mid Fla. hauling trailers of oranges from the groves . Yes, they do look funny but they are around.
Phil
 
Phil there is nothing wrong with doing things the old fashioned ways.

If it works why change?

As a former mechanic I can tell you parts men were much more reliable in the days before computers. Don't get me wrong there are still many good parts men but they are fewer and farther in-between. Fortunately I don't have to worry about that any more, unless I am buying parts fro my trains.
 
Back in the good old days, things were built to last, now things are made to last just long enough....
Give me a '40 Ford any day, or a '59 El Camino....my two favorite pickups...
If not, I'll gladly accept a '68 Dodge Charger, with a 426 Hemi, four on the floor and a Dana 60.....black!
 
MIL113-Strangers think I'm quiet. My friends think I'm outgoing. My best friends know I'm insane.

Heck, I'm not weird I'm a limited edition.

Phil
 






Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top