Good afternoon everyone,
Hello Flo & Francine, I hope you ladies had a very good Christmas, I know we all appreciate both of you staying open as long as you do for us.
_ _ _ _ _ _
Weather wise it was quite cold yesterday evening and at night. At about 8:00 Pm there was very heavy frost on my car so the temp must have been 32* or below. I'm glad now I made the effort to wax all the spots where the clear coat was gone. I can see the water bead up from the dew or rain. Actually I have a car port I need to erect for my car and just don't get around to doing it. That's really kind of crazy and I need to change my way or thinking. I can't be all that hard to do.
Lets see what WW says, this site seems really unstable for me, some times it comes up fine and then after a while it gone.
It's 46.6 °F - Feels Like 45 °F,m winds are from SW at 4.2 mph. The Humidity is 61% at 3:00 Pm, The high for today will be 48 °F with a low of 31 °F tonight.
= = = = =

My Christmas was spent trying to make up some little signs for my, Horseshoe Meadow Depot which has been unfinished for way too long a time but I didn't have all the window castings etc. till about a year ago or longer and then my emphasis was on track work.
I had intended to also paint the window & door castings for it as well as get the window glazing in trying to get it looking more like it's supposed to so I could take some pictures to post for a Christmas scene but it just didn't happen.
I had the actual instruction sheet and great pictures of it in front of me and started out to name it Ridge Crest Depot on the main sign to go on the roof but ran into problems with the desk top publishing program which didn't want to function right for me.
Finally at about 8:00 Pm last night I decided to let the area be named Ridgecrest but keep the name, Horseshoe Meadow Depot and I made up a little sign of it but the program still wasn't working as it should unless I was doing something wrong but I did get it to work correctly earlier in the day!
So I didn't get near what I had intended.
> > > >
Woke up to 17 degrees and snow flurries. Is it April yet ???
Say Montanan: That's one heck of a jumbled cross track area! I don't think I've ever seen so many tracks
cross an one location. It would be interesting to know why the RR/RR's felt it was necessary to have so many lines crossing at one place. I should think there would be numerous accidents that occurred there.
Good morning. Sunny but still below freezing in my neighborhood, there is a thick frost covering everything in the shadow areas. Hope yall had a great Christmas, I did - except for when I over-ate during the Christmas meal and paid dearly for that in abdominal pain!
Monty, that dozen-diamond trackwork looks really cool, but I think only Tim Warris could wire up a 1:87 model of it so short-wheelbase locos could get thru!
My gifts didn't include anything from a hobbyshop - I've told my family I prefer to be "my own Santa Claus" for mrr stuff - but I did get two items that will be very useful in the trainroom and workbench: (1) a swiveling bar stool - this will enable me to sit down while doing DecoderPro on a rollaway cabinet top that is ~4ft above floor level, and to work at my workbench which is also 4ft high; and (2) a wireless mouse, so when I carry my laptop out to the trainroom, I don't have that mouse cord getting snagged on any protruding objects. Both these items are things I would never bother to go out and buy for myself.
I'll get several hours of "me" time today, so I can de-clutter the trainroom and get it ready for the next op session.
Have a great day!
Say Ken: When I used to go to the local Casino when it was open and eat at their buffet I tended to get over stuffed too! A simple trick is to eat or drink something Citrus like lemon or orange or what ever. The fullness feeling will subside almost immediately as the Citric acid helps in the digestion of the food!
Time to call it quits for another day. Friday night bowling league again. That means BEER !
Say Montanan, Where did that Ghost like image of steam rising from in front of the train come from? That's rather odd looking.
Hope everyone has a good day!