Running Bear's Coffee Shop XLVI

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Good morning everybody!

36 with cloudy skies in southeast Baltimore.

Ravens @ Pittsburgh tonight, I am thinking it will be an usually high scoring game for these 2 teams, but as usual it will come down to turnovers to decide the game.

GO RAVENS!!!

Have a great day everybody!

I prefer cherry turnovers from Arby's,,,

cherry-turnovers.jpg


,,,,,,don't like Ravens turnovers, even though they are plentiful. :(
 
Good morning. 32*F with icy roads in my part of MD this morning [Karl can probably attest to that]. I'm trapped in my neighborhood because the main road leading out has been blocked by a pileup of cars that slid into each other on the ice. Not sure when they'll get that mess cleared out. Even the SHA salt truck couldn't get down the hill to treat the road! I'm with Montana Man, I hate winter!
 
Black Z, methinks he was on the edge of a tear.......nice move!

No, if the Devil had a car...................

christine.png


Son #2 is here, time to put the drop staircase in the garage, be back later! :D
 


Good Morning. 39°, and overcast. Going to rain today.

Sad to say, but the Ravens looked exceptionally inept vs. the "Stealers" both meetings this past season. I was surprised when they made it to the WC. Nevermore?
 
Morning All,

Rode the Sunrail yesterday from Orlando to DeBary (about 50 minutes) that included 6 station stops. The train was very crowded but we managed to all sit together both ways. It reminds me of a above ground subway but with much nicer equipment. Of course it is still pretty new. At DeBary (end of line) we took a taxi into town and had lunch before heading back to Orlando. All in all It was a pleasant day spent with family.

I received my camera yesterday. I charged it last night and read the directions...Yes I am a guy! Probably Sunday I will shoot some video. I took a still last night and it came out good. The camera is the Polaroid Cube. For it's size it does a great job.

Later today I plan on going to the club for awhile. MOH says she gets some peace and quiet when I go...hint,hint. I have been married long enough to know the right answer.:)

Thursday MOH and I are heading to Cocoa Beach for the Prototype Rails show. It will be the first time I attend all 3 days. I am looking forward to it.

Blackz28- That was a awesome thing to do.

I hope everybody has a great day.
 
Great pictures 113!

To all the pundits on the Radio and TV and for all the prognosticators on here and everywhere else; all I can do is to remind you of the old saying that is still true today "on any given Sunday" or in this case Saturday.

That is why they play the games gentlemen. Are you ready for some football?
 
...
Sad to say, but the Ravens looked exceptionally inept vs. the "Stealers" both meetings this past season. I was surprised when they made it to the WC. Nevermore?

This season's first meeting between the Ravens and Steelers
Ravens 26 Steelers 6 http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/20140...gameinfo|contentId:0ap3000000393394&tab=recap
I think that was exceptional good rather then inept.

I don't know who will win, but I believe like most meetings between these teams turnovers will decide the outcome.
 


Howdy .

The plane crash near here was reported by all of national news TV networks. It even was reported by BBC overseas. .... The bloody little 7 year old girl who survived walked through the woods in the cold rain and in darkness to find a house. She had bare feet and light weight clothing. Her mother, father, sister, and cousin were killed in the crash. Sad, but a miracle the girl survived and found a house for help.
 
Howdy .

The plane crash near here was reported by all of national news TV networks. It even was reported by BBC overseas. .... The bloody little 7 year old girl who survived walked through the woods in the cold rain and in darkness to find a house. She had bare feet and light weight clothing. Her mother, father, sister, and cousin were killed in the crash. Sad, but a miracle the girl survived and found a house for help.

Difficult to find the words! :(
 
Howdy .

The plane crash near here was reported by all of national news TV networks. It even was reported by BBC overseas. .... The bloody little 7 year old girl who survived walked through the woods in the cold rain and in darkness to find a house. She had bare feet and light weight clothing. Her mother, father, sister, and cousin were killed in the crash. Sad, but a miracle the girl survived and found a house for help.


That is quite fortunate for her and thank God she lived but very tragic for her too. May God keep her safe!
 
Good evening. It's raining and 44.
Since I've been busier than usual with work, I had to wait until today to do an entire week's worth of housework. I started early this morning with laundry, and after several loads, a trip to the grocery store and wally world, along with cleaning, mopping, and taking down Christmas stuff, I am putting the last load of laundry in the dryer.

I was able to sell some train related stuff over the last couple of weeks, and picked up a pair of BLI SW1500s. They run really great, they are heavy, and have terriffic slow speed. Currently, the pair are tooling around my home layout at a scale 8mph, towing a track cleaning train. The only complaint I have about them is the sound. It is recorded from an actual SW1500, and I can tell that's what it sounds like, but it isn't a Tsunami. It is a huge improvement over their older diesel sound files, so a definite step in the right direction.
I took a video of them in action, and texted it to my wife in the living room. She was impressed enough to drag into the train room to see them in person.
 
I have only had Diesel BLI's, only the Blueline RD-15's were a bit disappointing (great startup and shutdown, not enough when running). The GE C30-7's were great in DC, the reaction to throttling up or down left Tsunami's for dead. The sound decoders in them were ESU. All their newer Paragon2's are their own design. I love the AC6000's. One little feature that is great is the adjustment of the master volume on the fly. If you want to just lower the volume a tad or two (works on all locos in consist as well) is to double click the F8 button like a mouse, takes it down and back up in 8 steps each way. If you hold F8 for a second it will shut down the sound as most do.
 


Well it was a feel good day, a guy on fb that i
know from the trsin pages , well he love union pacific
Steam but can't really afford a articulated loco
So i suprised him with the challenger 3977 here's his reation when he got it


That was really a very nice gesture for you to do. Your correct, giving does make you feel good!

Have a great New Year.
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top