Good morning, everyone. It's 23 here, clear. Forecasting a nasty ice storm this weekend - hope not, but right now the meteorologists are saying get ready. Another cup of coffee please.
It's my birthday today - 69 - daughter and son in law and granddaughter (4 months old) came over yesterday for lunch and gave me two railcars and one structure (lumber and millwork) to add to the layout. Son in law and I had a good time in the train room working on some scenery along the walls - we decided to keep about four inches between the wall and the track. Want to get that scenery blocked in so we can lay roadbed and track correctly. Getting excited now! Will start posting some photos soon.
Man - it takes a long time to catch up when you're gone for the weekend. Sorry if some of these comments seem old:
Curt and Willie - Thanks for the advice about weathering. I'll get into it someday, I'm sure - but not for a while yet. And, yeah, I've got knee pads as well as the long-handled tool to scrape carpet, glue, etc. Helps not to have to be on my knees too much.
Sherrel - studded wheels I could see, but chains ? ?
Terry - your comments about not needing a "like" button on this website - that's why even a newbie like me can feel comfortable here, even asking dumb questions that you've heard a thousand times before. Hope you survived the snowstorm of 2017!! And thanks for catching us up on Eric.
Eric - Good to hear from you. We are all praying for you as you go through this process.
Good to catch up on everyone. Talk with ya more later.
Johnny