Running Bear's Coffee Shop LX

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
For my B&O friends on here. She came today. $25 to start. Will be investing more into her as money permits. I'll have to paint my handrails and add some decals and update the number. I'll add some windows to her and a good cleaning and lubrication. She runs good out of the box though so I can't complain.
831e65f37504f7e0474e19767e8768ee.jpg

She's not very prototypical but she's good enough for my layout.

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk
 


Afternoon All,

Grand kids are spending the night. Our son just got back from the comic book store with them. They really aren't interested in MRR'ing (about a 5 minute attention span) so none today or tomorrow. Tomorrow is our family get together so I probably won't be in tomorrow. HAPPY NEW YEAR to everyone and here is to hoping 2017 is better than 2016 was.

Garry- Top Notch modeling.

Dave- Nice modeling and picture.

Eric- Take care of yourself. Morphine can also cause respiratory depression and constipation.

Sauced07- Too funny. That will be a great story to embarrass him when he's older.

Justin- Nice looking loco.

I hope everyone has a good night.
 
Ken (D&J) - Actually I thought it was ironic that I had to teach the bank. Had to do it that way as there were four traditional IRA's that dad had already begun taking distributions from; they were all merged and then split six ways between me and my siblings. So technically it became a new but inherited IRA. Cannot roll IRA's that are already being distributed into traditional ones, at least not at that time (2005). I also have had to take an RMA from it every year per the rules, even though I didn't need it. His Roth was just cashed in (tax-free) and distributed as cash.

Willie
 
MERRY_NEW_YEAR.jpg

(a classic flick in every sense of the word!)

Beef Jerky time it is. Started off with steaks on the grill, crab cakes (for SWMBO) baked potatoes and fried shrimp in my special horseradish dip! We'll have a little eggnog later!

Oh, and speaking of SWMBO, she went and took her state Real Estate licensing tests today, and passed both of them!! Its official, she's a licensed Agent now. Anybody want to move to central Maryland? I've got your agent! :cool: Really, I'm quite proud of my girl! ;)

Happy new year to all, may we all put our troubles behind us, be in excellent health in the coming year, and have more trains than we can deal with!!
 
Something from NZ once again to while away the holiday. This is Ka942 taking an excursion from the Interisland Ferry port of Picton, on the north east coast of the south island and heading down to the city of Christchurch. There is this part and a second that follows of this train and part of the country, which includes in the second part, the Kaikoura Coast, which recently suffered that large earthquake. Particularly note from 1:10 to 5:30 of this 2nd vid how the coast Hiway and rail track become virtual kissing cousins (4:50). At the Kaikoura station stop and you get a view back from whence the train came, you'll understand why an inland route was not chosen.

The 3rd video is of a road/railferry crossing of Cook Strait between the north and south islands that took 8 hours instead of the normal 3. Has a little observation from the person taking the video as to what might have been a contributor to some of the damage vehicles on that deck suffered.
The 3 videos should follow consecutively, If not, let me know and I'll post the links.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Md4UBxcqyu8&list=WL&index=5
 


Good morning, and Happy New Year. It's cloudy and 44.
The last few days have been--busy...
 
Good Morning Everyone. Happy New Year to all. It's 43° and foggy/rainy this morning. Got to sleep for about two hours before the neighbors about 1/4 mi up the hill set off a really impressive fireworks display last night. I watched from the bedroom window, and thankfully it only lasted about four minutes...probably $2,000 worth of fireworks. I should have known that it was coming, as they set off the first round around 7:30 pm earlier, then watched as they sped away and returned about 20 minutes later...enough time to go to the nearest fireworks stand and partake in the 3 for 1 sale going on!!!
Model Railroading took a back seat yesterday as there was a lot of other stuff happening in my world. I did get away to run trains for about 30 minutes.
I traditionally walk my property lines on New Years Day, but I did it yesterday due to the chance of rain today...much of it is recently plowed/planted grain so it could be quite muddy/slippery. It works out to about 3/4 mile and takes 30 minutes due to the terrain.
Sherrel - Glad that you could update us and report that things are progressing well.
Karl - Congratulations to your wife on the real estate license. Can't take you up on your offer, as central Maryland is too close for me to the land of loonies in DC.
Bruce - Much to the consternation of drivers behind me I also stop and wait at RR crossings when the lights are flashing but before the gates go down. I like to watch. At the place where I used to work, the BNSF had a grade crossing less than 50 yards from our front door. I regularly saw drivers go around the gates and get hit, even though the trains were rarely going over 10 mph. At that speed, no one ever got killed, but there were a few injuries. Must have seen 15 incidents in a 40 year span, and that didn't count the times that I wasn't there.
Eric - Wow! I didn't realize that you were in so much pain that they were giving you morphine. Be careful brother.
Terry - Good to hear from you again. We have missed you.
Toot - Do I qualify at 150 proof???
Everybody have a great day and a great year.

Willie
 
Last edited by a moderator:
MERRY NEW YEAR - AS kARL POSTED. BTW, Karl, congratulations to your #1 on her License.

Going up to maybe the 60 range today. Brother, we have had several inches of that stuff called rain over the past week. Last night as I was driving home, it was pouring so hard that I had to slow down to about 30m[h as the wipers could not keep up.

Daughter, hubby, and G-kids head back to the East Coast this afternoon. Wife and I are already staring at each other with blank looks. We are certainly going to miss them for sure.
kids.jpg

Here's wishing EVeryone a safe, prosperous New Year, and all of us lessor health problems as past. Needless to say, 2016 was not kind to many!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
29 degrees and sunny.

We MADE it! One more in the books. Good health and prosperity to all in the New Year. I sure ain't sorry to see this one go.
 


Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top