Running Bear's Coffee Shop LX

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Winslow Model Railroad Club (WMRC)

Im sitting here in bed in Belen Nm waiting to get called to go home. Anyway i have been searching the forums here. A couple days ago i put an article in the facebook page "Winslow Az News" about wanting to start a model railroad club. I hope the city of Winslow will let us use a building for this, we will see. Anyway i thought i seen something a while back here in the forums, information on starting and running a club? Am i mistaken? Does anyone know? Thanks
 
The best Post will be when you tell us you are cancer free!

You may be quite some time still before we start hearing chatter of that sort.
However my primary doctor, Shakir, did use the words "heal" and "healed" the other day when we met.
When he and I first met I certainly took notice that he was VERY guarded about using works like that directly.

I notice hime being a little less guarded in recent days. No doubt a lot of his change as well as mine has come from this very positive outlook/result we got from my PET scans last week.
Chet also commented about all this as well a little earlier.

However, among all this comes a new but not unknown possibility of the g-tube needing replacement. It appears this is very likely to happen before 9 January which is the first day of my travels down the road of radiation for a 7 week adventure. It is a road a must travel lest I run the VERY HIGH risk of suffering some VERY serious AND permanent things like kidney problems and dialisys and hearing problems if not outright deafness.

The Dr. dealing with the g-tube problems is sort of like my #2 doctor and he's a general surgeon. He knows I'll fight about the g-tube and going back but also knows I'm plenty smart enough to know the consequences of not going back to using it. Dr. Shakir doesn't much care for going through that crap again either.

Guess I'll go back to what I was doing. I'm actually doing a little tinkering around with the stuff Kal sent me. It feels GREAT doing some train work no matter how little it is. I'm sure that's helps immensely with my upbeat attitude. I can tell the difference and I'm the one in the middle of it all.
E.
 
Good to hear that your Doctor is upbeat in his view of your situation and that the findings from your scans are encouraging that outlook. As all wars are decided by individual battles, then these are going well. Sounds to me like you're ready to continue the fight and appreciate what you're up against. A bit of R&R time will be the ticket to set you up for the next "push".
 


You may be quite some time still before we start hearing chatter of that sort.
However my primary doctor, Shakir, did use the words "heal" and "healed" the other day when we met.
When he and I first met I certainly took notice that he was VERY guarded about using works like that directly.

I notice hime being a little less guarded in recent days. No doubt a lot of his change as well as mine has come from this very positive outlook/result we got from my PET scans last week.
Chet also commented about all this as well a little earlier.

However, among all this comes a new but not unknown possibility of the g-tube needing replacement. It appears this is very likely to happen before 9 January which is the first day of my travels down the road of radiation for a 7 week adventure. It is a road a must travel lest I run the VERY HIGH risk of suffering some VERY serious AND permanent things like kidney problems and dialisys and hearing problems if not outright deafness.

The Dr. dealing with the g-tube problems is sort of like my #2 doctor and he's a general surgeon. He knows I'll fight about the g-tube and going back but also knows I'm plenty smart enough to know the consequences of not going back to using it. Dr. Shakir doesn't much care for going through that crap again either.

Guess I'll go back to what I was doing. I'm actually doing a little tinkering around with the stuff Kal sent me. It feels GREAT doing some train work no matter how little it is. I'm sure that's helps immensely with my upbeat attitude. I can tell the difference and I'm the one in the middle of it all.
E.
My sister experienced would be sever side-affects. I say "would be" because they proved to be temporary. Once the treatments were over she recovered fully.

I was never concerned if you would fight the good fight, that's a given, knowing you. Keep battling my friend.

When you do make that post about freedom. All the struggle will have made it that much sweeter when you click the post button.

I can't wait to see pictures of what you create.
 
Merry Christmas! Shitters full.

6188UHr5ZaL._SL1200_.jpg
 
38 degrees and raining in King George, VA.
I'm working from home today so I get to skip the morning 1 hour commute as well as the longer commute home in the afternoon. Traffic during the holiday week has been terrible on I-95.
 
Mornin everyone. My daughter had a healthy baby boy yesterday evening so cigars for everyone!!! I need to get my bathroom painted today so we can head down to see her tomorrow. Got the kitchen painted yesterday finally. As soon as the bathroom is done I can start collecting lumber for the layout!
 
Good Morning All. It's 47° and partly cloudy this morning. Got up to 82° yesterday, a new record high temperature for that date. Today maybe 58°. Spent a good part of the day outdoors just because it was so nice. Cleaned up some more leaves from the yard to use in the garden and spread wood ashes and other fertilizer over a good portion of it as well.
Out in the train shed, I mostly did wiring yesterday. Removed and bypassed a redundant control panel, added another docking station for my walk-around memory throttle and ran a buss wire to the latest extension.

Chet - I got caught up in the inexpensive McHenry coupler thing back when kits all still came with horn-hook couplers, and I was spending all my money on putting three kids through college. All garbage in retrospect. I still have some cars left with them and replace them as soon as they are noticed. I know that you posted that you used Kadee #158's; I have had issues with those coupling with #5's and #148's, which is why I now stick with the latter. Have you had the same experience?
sauced07 - Congratulations on becoming a grandparent. Best wishes for your daughter and grandbaby, may they both enjoy good health.
Eric - That Gorilla Super Glue is actually some really good stuff. It's not for everyday assembly of structures or the like, but it works wonders for re-attaching detail parts back on rolling stock. It is also very useful for joining dissimilar materials together, like metal to plastic. Has a longer working life than the 3M stuff.
Keep that upbeat attitude. A positive outlook goes a very long way towards a successful recovery.
Louis - Get that shoulder fixed as others here have already recommended.

Everybody have a great day.

Willie
 
Well.... here in a couple of hours I'll probably be finding out WHEN they want to put a new g-tube in. Notice I"m not going to argue about it.

I know a few of you all have done the chemo stuff before but come 9 Jan. start radiation - and a short chemo session that day as well.
Anyway for any who did radiation, did they build a "mask" around your face and head? How did you fare with it?
I did pretty good with considering we've discovered I'm quite claustrophobic.
I think I did about 25 minutes. They had my arms strapped down. About another 5 to 10 and I might.

Since I've had several easy and lite days pondering things in general after getting out of the hospital, in just the last few days I've decided to really focus on scenery stuff. Grasses, bushes, trees, etc. Maybe do some water. I haven't done any sort of water feature before - nor watched it done.
Unless we get down to my house in GA to get my existing layout and stuff it looks like I really am starting completely over from scratch.
Good thing I kept track product numbers and stuff of everything I've already done so I won't have "redecide" on everything. Problem is, all those lists and all my layout and work documentation and diagrams are all still down there as well.

Well, we leave here around 08:45 and it's now 07:30 or so, so I might as well start easing into getting.ready.

Catch you all later this afternoon.
E.
 


Mornin everyone. My daughter had a healthy baby boy yesterday evening so cigars for everyone!!! I need to get my bathroom painted today so we can head down to see her tomorrow. Got the kitchen painted yesterday finally. As soon as the bathroom is done I can start collecting lumber for the layout!


Congrats! Thanks for the stogie, been a while, I'll smoke it on my walk today. I have GOT to get out of this house for a few no matter WHAT it is doing outside! Long Johns, two layers, my Walls coveralls and my trusty rabbit fur hat and I'm good to go...about four blocks and my hip starts screeching but I'll take what ever milage I can get out of it.
 
Good morning. We're starting off at +3 degrees this morning.

I was a grumpy old fart last evening. My cold has been hanging on and I left work early yesterday to come home to see my driveway drifted over. We had some pretty stiff winds and with all the snow we got Christmas day, plenty to get blown around. Spent about an hour plowing (and cussin') and finally got everything cleared up. Gonna work from home today like Ken in Virginia.

Willie - I haven't had any issues at all with the Kadee 158's. One thing that I usually do to all Kadee couplers is to file the face of the couplers so there's a smooth surface when they meet. Coupling is no problem. I do still have a couple of switchers with plastic couplers because I haven't taken the time to find a Kadee to fit into the small spac that's available on small locomotives, but they won't be pulling any long trains. My friends in Missouri have replaced all plastic couplers as they have had quite a few fail when the cars were in long trains. The plastic just can't take the weight of a heavy train and break.

Eric - Glad to see that you finally have some model railroad projects to help occupy your time. I also want to thank Ron for what he did. I wonderful gesture.

sauced07 - Forgot to give you some congrats on the new addition to your family.

Garry -
Take a break from catching up and run trains for a few minutes. Unwind.

Catch you later.
 
Mornin everyone. My daughter had a healthy baby boy yesterday evening so cigars for everyone!!! I need to get my bathroom painted today so we can head down to see her tomorrow. Got the kitchen painted yesterday finally. As soon as the bathroom is done I can start collecting lumber for the layout!

If you use a spray painter, you can get the job done real quick.
 
Sheesh, they's droppin by the family!

R.I.P. Debbie Reynolds. one of the Great Beauties of all time and a most talented dancer in her own right!
 
Afternoon All,

Cleaned house like I expected today. My son knocked a lamp off an end table breaking the base, but I was able to put it back together again with Gorilla CA Gel. I'm not sure what is on the tap for tomorrow. My flat car kit did arrive today, but I really don't want to start that until i finish the other 2 projects.

Sherrel- Thanks for the info.

Eric- That sounds like good news with your MD and modeling.

Louis- I am normally not much of a Chevy Chase fan, but that is a great movie.

Sauced- Congrats. I'm glad that both daughter and grandson are doing well.

I hope everyone has a good night.
 
Curt that is a classic movie! A Holiday Tradition.

Here is the latest train that is headed to my terminal.

Lionel Pennsylvania LionChief Remote Keystone Deluxe GP38 RTR Freight Set
6-82436 LionChief Keystone GP38 RTR Set.jpg
 
Just checkin another day. We are having a very mild winter. It is nice to hear the old crew bantering.

Unfortunately, on my new job I am usually doing 2 or 3 things at a time, right now a lady with dementia is visiting with me and not at all bothered that I am typing at the same time. She just wants someone to talk to, no worries that I am only half listening. They are very forgiving.

more later, Dave
 


Good afternoon shop dwellers. Been home all day, haven't had any energy to work on mrr projects.

I never thought that the internet was a vector for sickness, but I must've caught what Chet has been fighting these past coupla days. Headache, runny nose, cough and a fever of 100*F. With chills and hot flashes as an added bonus. MOH's sister and kids will be arriving here soon, so I have to finish this post quickly and make myself scarce to avoid spreading the "joy." BTW, I did get a flu vaccination back on October.

Eric I know what I'm fighting is nothing compared to what you've got to deal with. Glad you can finally do some mrr activities!

Louis did you ever go to the 34th Street Christmas Light Festival in Hamden? Those folks sure know how to "do Christmas right!"

Garry - looks like you logged some serious mileage on your vehicle! I remember when I was growing up in MI, all those semi rigs with a dozen or more axles spread over twin trailers. I thought that was the norm for the whole country - until my family moved to MD.

L8TR!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top