Running Bear's Coffee Shop LX

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya, Santafe, it evaporates! Silly me, I thought a case of flex was a "lifetime" supply, oh no, not even close!

I think I'm getting the Rheumatoid variety of arthritis in my left hand, the index finger has been screaming for about two weeks and no sign of it letting up. I've had almost every kind of injury so I know it's not a tendon and it's not broken at the moment. VERY similar to the Osteo type pain , that I'm almost used to, this is centered in the knuckle, DEEP in the first joint of the left index finger, osteo does not prevent movement, it hurts but you CAN still move, THIS is very different, the finger joint does not want to move and when it does WOW!
 
Good morning fellers. I hope everyone is doing well. Soooooo.....I attempted to troubleshoot the issues with my blue box SD40 before work yesterday. I ensured everything was free moving and such. Nothing wrong as I could tell. Wouldn't budge at all and I let the smoke out of it. It burned up right there. Be the first time that has ever happened. So. With that 7614 will be awaiting some parts. I'll be purchasing a new motor and better wheel sets. This is that one time where I broke my mechanic code of if it's not broken don't fix it. This unit was a runner and I went off and just had to clean the crap out of the wheels. I do have some others laying around I can use but I think I'll hold off and just do up the whole lot on it. I only have one motor left that will work and I'm not wanting to cook it too. The one time I messed up a blue box. I've never done it before and I have had quite a few of them. So much so I won't hesitate to buy one if it touches my fancy enough. Their durability is amazing! Their operation with some work matches the newer models if not better. My U-boat took to being retrofitted like a champ and is sitting outside my engine house. Quiet and great low speed operation. The directional lighting works better on it than on my RTR units! Figure that one out. Anyways live and learn.

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk
 
Howdy ....

We returned from our trip...... We drove 300 miles to near Cincinnati where our son and his family live..... Then another 300 miles to our daughter's home north of Detroit.... Next, it was 175 miles to oldest daughter's home near Grand Rapids, MI.... Finally, it was about 600 miles from Grand Rapids to home.... Next month, we plan to see youngest daughter who lives in Arizona.

I'll catch up with all of your posts later.
I'll bet you didn't even wave as you drove through Lansing. :(

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
 


CBQ, as a lifelong resident of this wonderful state, I apologize for the condition of the endless PATCH that we try to pass off as a road nowadays. We have corruption issues that need to be addressed and taken care of where the roads are concerned.
Second that. We were living out of state for 40 years, and just moved back hear 3-1/2 years ago. The change at the state line is astounding. This was reinforced by our drove to San Diego, and my recent dash to the Rio Grand. The back roads of west Texas are in much better shape than any of Michigan's roads. I don't know whether to be appalled or embarrassed. The governor is supposed to be an accountant by profession; he seems to be not very good with resource allocation.



Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
 
Good morning all. Starting the day off at 22 degrees with blowing and drifting snow. A nice drift at the end of the driveway and the county road is down to about a half a lane. Guess I'll be doing some more plowing when the wind lets up.

Eric - It's really nice to see you so upbeat. It's been a while. Looks like you hit the jackpot. Looks like Ron made it a Merry Christmas for you.

Garry - Happy that you made it home safely. Quite the trip for this time of the year.

Bruce -
Not enough track? Some times you think you planned for everything and then old Murphy comes over and pays you a visit.

Ken - I wouldn't give up on finding a replacement gear. A lot of different locomotives use the same gears. You might be able to get one from Walthers.

Willie - Looks like you are among the few people who got to get a little work done on their layout. Good idea to get rid of the McHenry couplers. I have been putting on the closer to scale 158 couplers on any equipment that may have any coupler issues, even replacing the old Kadee #5's in some cases.

Beady - The roads in Michigan have been miserable for decades. Going back to the 60's when I was visiting family in the South Bend area of Indiana while i was attending schools at the Naval schools in Great lakes, IL, we used to visit friends up in Michigan and even back then they weren't very good. I think they are trying to support the auto industry by shaking the heck out of vehicles and having them wear out a lot sooner so they have to be replaced. I heard rumors that at night they would take the Abrams tanks out on I-94 and use the interstate as a testing ground to make sure the tanks would hold up. Grin.gif

Later
 
Good Morning:

Overcast and cold this morning in this part of Wisconsin. Today I'm making a shopping list of details parts and supplies I'll need for January, using my Christmas gift money. My relatives and the Mrs. are getting smarter each year and just give me $$$ rather than gifts.

HO HO HO or is it Ho Ho Ho?

Have a great day.

Greg
 
Good afternoon everyone. Been busy painting in the house for the last few days. The quicker I get that stuff done the sooner I can start on the layout. My daughter went into labor this morning, there should be a baby boy in this world in a few hours. My wife and I will head down there later in the week after work obligations on the wifes part. My daughter lives at the beach so I sense a fishermans platter in my near future!!!
 
sauced - Congrats on becoming a granddad!

Chet/Willie/Karl - on the the E8 repair front, it looks like it can be done after all. I had the privilege of speaking with Greg of Walthers Customer Service this morning, and he says that most P2K loco models mfr'd during the LifeLike era use the same gears. He also mentioned that, even though the replacement Spur Gear set (p/n 584705) is no longer listed in the WKW catalog, he still might be able to find one on the premises and get it to me "offline". Failing that, I may be able to cannibalize one of my leftover CSX-decorated Proto2000 locos...
 


Ken - Glad you may have a fix for the E-8. I figured that there was probably a common gear. I have called Walthers a few times and have had some very good luck with their customer service. Greg is a lucky guy living so close to Walthers. I believe he has visited a few times.
 
Chet is right...Walthers is a short drive from my house and I hope to go there on Friday. When I go there, I'm like a kid in a candy store, but the store's showroom offers mostly Walther's products and all other products are ordered from the sales counter.

There's a nice large display layout in the showroom that has two long trains running every day.

Greg
 
Afternoon All,

We cooked up the schnitzel today. I'm twiddling my thumbs on 3 MRR projects currently waiting on the 3 things I ordered. I think house cleaning is on tap for tomorrow. Sunday everybody is getting together at Mom's and Dad's house for New Years. We are watching the grand kids New Years Eve.

Garry- That was a lot of driving. I'm glad you survived the bad weather.

Ken- As a kid the family kept the decorations up past New Years, but after I got married it has to be down before New Years, and after Christmas you don't light the tree. As you can probably tell MOH has some different ideas at times.

Ron- You did a great thing.

NG- MOH has OA in her knees. It's not fun.

Justin- It's all part of MRR'ing. I was going to suggest calling Walther's but it looks like it is taken care of.

Beady- The same thing happens on I-95 when you leave the GA road and you drive into SC. Their road upkeep is atrocious, not to mention it's mainly 3 lane in GA and 2 lane in SC.

Sauced- Congrats on becoming a Grand Dad.

I hope everyone has a good night.
 
CBQ, as a lifelong resident of this wonderful state, I apologize for the condition of the endless PATCH that we try to pass off as a road nowadays. We have corruption issues that need to be addressed and taken care of where the roads are concerned.

NG .... I lived for much of my adult life in MI, and the roads were always bad. My opinion is it has a lot to do with MI allowing heavier trucks than do other states.
 
The problem with returning hime after being away so long is there are too many things to catch up on. ..... I want to work on the layout, but non-model-railroad-stuff interferes.
 
One arm, one T-Rex hand, no time = short post

E I may not be on much but my thoughts of goodwill are with you, Go be with you my friend.

The best Post will be when you tell us you are cancer free!

Sirfoldsalot you may not be a king, but you are a Knight of the model railroad realm. You deserve a breakfast fit for a king, another Christmas gift.

Terry behind the fancy curtains or dirty windows is a family battling with their level dysfunction. Side hid it better than others, some are worse than others.

Garry I'm happy to hear about your happy holiday, thank you for sharing!

Karl you have a truly priceless work of Art, luck old f... ;) I am from Essex and I now live in Dundalk. I feel so at home. Happy Holidays my friend!


FYI; (this is not a public service announcement, this is my belief.) CHRISTMAS IS NOT OVER!

Karl your art is better, but I like this picture, followed by the work of art.
epiphany.jpg

Christmas is not over, we have not yet seen these guys.
Feast-of-the-Epiphany-alt-withtext.jpg

After this Christmas is over for me.


Merry Christmas Everyone!
 
Evening Gents,
About glues...... I tried to tell the folks to not try buy modelling glues as they are NOT the same everyday stuff nor are they like modeling stuff of my years long ago.
Itried to tell not to bother. Insread i got. Complaints about ues in general.. oh.. and the price. I had to hear about how these 2 costs all if ALMOST 10$!!! Ooooo!!

I know many of you have told me I can use that CA stuff on plastic kits but I have NEVER had it work for me. So, besides that , what can I use these 2 glues on? As for usung the CA on plastic wait unril I get the package from Ron and/or grt my Weldene from Plastruct or the stuff from Testors.
And I'm also open trying another product if anyone has any suggestions they would like checked out I'll be happy to try and report back.

Opops.... almost forgot to attach the pic from Mom's purchase.
EIMG_0370.jpg




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
 


Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top