Running Bear's Coffee Shop LX

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning. 1 degree (on the positive side) with about 4" of overnight snow.

Ray - the stone work is outstanding. Well cone.

Ken (MD) - Sweet looking locomotive. Wish I could justify having one for my railroad.

Louis - I too abandoned the NFL. Never had much interest in college football, but did have season tickets for the Dolphins when we lived in Miami. Even followed through their perfect season and attended the Super Bowl for the final victory, Seeing the behavior of some of the players, be it drugs, violence or kneeling for the National Anthem, it totally turned me off. By the way, nice photo.

Bruce - Hope you didn't run the wheel off of that locomotive. Wouldn't mind having another articulated locomotive, but my turntables are too short for the two that I do have. No problems out here for Fed Ex or UPS. They know where we are. As for mail service, we still have to go the the post office to pick up any mail or packages. Haven't locked out doors either.

Willie - All of the paperwork for Medicare sure can be a pain. Went through that a few years back. Dental is part of what I have, but the dentist we use gives us deep discounts for paying cash so I don't use it.

E - Good morning. Nice to see you in here this morning.

Catch you later.
 


Good morning,

6 above, supposed to be cold for a few days. We also got a little snow.

I just read the thread about the Bachmann track issue, running the 060 over the 30 degree crossing. The o6o doesn't have much for pickup and if the track is a little uneven a wheel rises up and the loco jerks. Anyway, what I was going to talk about was mixing track. I had every imaginable type of track on my layout and it usually was a matter of raising a rail a little here and there to get smooth running.

I even used a lot of Bachmann turnouts, some of them required some shimming but I have never been unable to make one work right. I like their turnouts because you can get the automatic action without a separate or under the layout motor.
 
Overcast and somewhat mild for January in Wisconsin. Tonight 4 degrees.

After lunch down to the train room. It's been awhile and I'm looking forward to several or more hours of fun and cleaning.

Furnace guy coming Friday for a check up...a little late for this heating season. The furnace is really close to the layout as well as the water heater. When the new water heater was installed, I forgot a loco was sitting on the tracks within elbow distance of the plumber installing the water heater. The plumber remarked about the loco and asked me what was it worth and I said the locomotive's original cost, a decoder and the four ditch lights brought the price up to around $400. The plumber said...."Nice model, move it so I don't accidently hit it to the floor".

Well, got to move the loco again today before Friday.

Thanks.

Greg
 
Matter of fact I AM running the wheels of it as of this typing! It apparently likes to be watched, it did a bunch of laps and I turned to the computer and all of a sudden it stopped on a straight flat part as far back as it could be and when I crawled under to go give it a nudge I got within three feet and it sprang to life! It would not be worth mentioning but I had NOT made any physical contact with the layout or the loco so it was not a bump that got it going again! It sailed through the same spot just now but of course I was watching so it did not stop!
 
And for those of you, like myself, new to the world of radiation therapy... may I present:
"Big E And The Machine".
For some reason I'm not allowed to have a picture with the mask on. But my radio guy, Doug, let me at least get a pic with it and the machine.
Tomorrow I'll get a profile shot of it. It's actually something I would expect to see out of a sci-fi show.
It fits pretty tight and they tell me I have a "waffle face" right after it comes off.
Enjoy.
I'm off to bed.
E.
Big E and The Machine.jpg
 
Matter of fact I AM running the wheels of it as of this typing! It apparently likes to be watched, it did a bunch of laps and I turned to the computer and all of a sudden it stopped on a straight flat part as far back as it could be and when I crawled under to go give it a nudge I got within three feet and it sprang to life! It would not be worth mentioning but I had NOT made any physical contact with the layout or the loco so it was not a bump that got it going again! It sailed through the same spot just now but of course I was watching so it did not stop!
May want to check the tightness of the rail joiners in the area, or heaven forbid, add additional feeders!!!

Willie
 


And for those of you, like myself, new to the world of radiation therapy... may I present:
"Big E And The Machine".
For some reason I'm not allowed to have a picture with the mask on. But my radio guy, Doug, let me at least get a pic with it and the machine.
Tomorrow I'll get a profile shot of it. It's actually something I would expect to see out of a sci-fi show.
It fits pretty tight and they tell me I have a "waffle face" right after it comes off.
Enjoy.
I'm off to bed.
E.
View attachment 60125
When you're wearing it, do you have an otherwise unexplainable urge to take a chainsaw after some teenagers?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
 
And for those of you, like myself, new to the world of radiation therapy... may I present:
"Big E And The Machine".
For some reason I'm not allowed to have a picture with the mask on. But my radio guy, Doug, let me at least get a pic with it and the machine.
Tomorrow I'll get a profile shot of it. It's actually something I would expect to see out of a sci-fi show.
It fits pretty tight and they tell me I have a "waffle face" right after it comes off.
Enjoy.
I'm off to bed.
E.
View attachment 60125

Ohh, save that for Halloween! :eek:
 
May want to check the tightness of the rail joiners in the area, or heaven forbid, add additional feeders!!!

Willie

Naw, no need to get crazy! LOL! I got in there and checked, it was some schmuts on the rails. I've got about six or seven different kinds of track and turnouts, some brass, some, I don't know what. When I broke down and started running plastic wheels the schmuts appeared and only deepens my resolve to go with all metal wheels. Before that it was problem free.
 
Evening All,
I will try to post later. For some reason my laptop will not let me type anything on any site both using Firefox or Edge.
 
Evening All,

I'mmmm back!. MOH finally did a reset to a previous time before the problem started. I spent about 2 hours on the flat car today. I had missed several things when I was looking at the directions yesterday. I had also forgotten I needed to drill out the holes for the hand grabs. For the basic build I need to add brake piping, paint the bottom, add the trucks and couplers.

Ray- Great looking work. I'm glad you survived the snow and cold until the next time.

Ken- Nice job on the E7's.

Louis- When I watch football the last thing I need is a political protest. I also think for the most part they are over paid prima donnas. That photo looks like it's from Horseshoe Curve.:D

Eric- Anytime you are above the grass there is hope.

I hope everyone has a good night.
 
Good evening gang,

45 and raining here is central Absurdistan. Not much going on here. Sanded the 3 bedroom walls where the thermostats were, sanded out the master bedroom closet, where the new ductwork runs through it, and put the trash hopper out at the curb. Exciting evening huh?

Louis, Why bother with the NFL? I've been taught the history, and the strategy of the game, and in my younger days I made a pretty decent defensive lineman, but it never clicked with me. In baseball , I (and #2 son) were both switch hitters and I also pitched in a fast pitch softball league. (broke a finger barehanding a line drive hit back at me) Basketball? Boooooorrrrriiinnngggg! Now speed contests? That caught my fancy at a young age. Bikes, motorcycles,then cars. I'll admit it, I'm much more in tune with the smells of nitromethane and unburnt hydrocarbons than the smells of sweaty jock straps and shoulder pads. Some may attribute this to my upbringing (my Uncle was my next door neighbor and a mechanic) or the fact that I learned to drive young (tractors at 10, trucks at 13 on the farm) or as my sisters claim, I was dropped on my head as an infant. Who knows, maybe a combination? I prefer to subscribe to the Hemingway Theory,,,,

3 sports.jpg

Your mileage may vary.

Willie, Sherrel, don't pick on Bruce guys, he's still in love with the engine he thought he lost. His heart hasn't settled yet.

Ken. The E units look sweet guy! Can't wait to see em in person.

Ray, Awesome block work!

BigE C.mon, you got this thing on the ropes, now knock it out! We're all pulling for ya!

Time to play with the track planning software before bed......L8ter gang!
B&O 4545.jpg
 
Wow, I sure wasted the evening. Just didn't have the interest in going downstairs to work on anything. Just watched TV the whole evening and checked a few forums on the internet and didn't even fix dinner.
 


May want to check the tightness of the rail joiners in the area, or heaven forbid, add additional feeders!!!

Willie

Regarding rail joiners, I solder all of mine except of course the insulated joiners.

Eric .... Are you auditioning for a sequel to Star Wars? .

Karl .... The photo of the steamer is great. Is it a 2-8-0 ?

Toot .... SO that's how people of Down Under look. ... :D
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top