ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
I think that I saw a picture of one of those, or may have been something else, but I cannot remember where?
Good morning to All. 45 to start with heading for 75 later on with clear sky. LOUIS -- Sure happy that the spousal unit is OK. Sounds as if it could have been much worse. Happy to hear that you sustained, maybe, little damage too! Out here we don;t need "black ice" to crash ... All you have to do is turn on the TV early in the morning and see where all the crashes are. I think there were 7-8 pretty good ones this morning ... and it's a daily occurrence. I really hate getting older, but at least I don't have to fight that freeway traffic twice a day - and it's getting to the point that it is badly jammed no matter what time of day.
Have a kazillion things to do this morning .. maybe I'll get two- three done!
When we left western KY Saturday morning it was about 75 degrees. We had very heavy rain between Louisville and Cincinnati. We spent Saturday night at our son's near Cincinnati where temperatures fell into the low 30's. after we got to Michigan, the temperatures dropped to single digits. ... the tailgate of the Avalanche froze closed with a full load of Christmas gifts in the bin. .. weather guessers say it will be less cold for the next few days.
Sort of reminds me or running the car through the car wash and having temps dropping below freezing at night and then you can't get into it in the morning.
Glad you got there safely. All sort of accidents across the country with the foul weather.
Sort of reminds me or running the car through the car wash and having temps dropping below freezing at night and then you can't get into it in the morning.
AH HA! I remember that happening to me in both KC and StL. Wasn't a car wash - just freezing rain followed by a severe drop of the temp into the teens.
Nothing like getting to the employee parking lot at 4-5am after an all nighter and finding out that you cannot get into your car and the bus has left!
We and our bowling partners we coming home from a bowling tournament in Missoula,MT and had some really nasty road with a lot of snow and ice all the way back home. When we got to our friends house, we just about couldn't get out of the car. There was over an inch of ice built up along both sides of the car. I had to crawl out the window and pound the side of the car with my fist to get the ice off so we could all get out.
we and our bowling partners we coming home from a bowling tournament in missoula,mt and had some really nasty road with a lot of snow and ice all the way back home. When we got to our friends house, we just about couldn't get out of the car. There was over an inch of ice built up along both sides of the car. I had to crawl out the window and pound the side of the car with my fist to get the ice off so we could all get out.
Sort of reminds me or running the car through the car wash and having temps dropping below freezing at night and then you can't get into it in the morning.
Glad you got there safely. All sort of accidents across the country with the foul weather.
Went to see Rouge 1 with my son. He really liked it and I thought it was OK. No idea what is planned for tomorrow.
Beady- Very cool pictures (no pun intended).
Willie- I look forward to seeing pictures of what you currently are doing.
Louis- Thankfully both of you are OK.
NG- The Pennsy had a few of that style. Occasionally you see a brass one up for sale but they are like hens teeth. A possibility for the shell may be a place that does 3D printing like Shapeways.
Louis - sorry to hear your wife was involved in the 67-vehicle pile-up; glad she wasn't injured!
Garry - it appears your vehicle is very appropriately named!
Speaking of harrowing winter driving experiences: I was driving from from Chicago to Baltimore in February 1974, sleep-deprived, on the PA turnpike thru a Lake-effect snowstorm at ~2am. Every horizontal surface was completely white and all I could do was follow the tail lights of the car in front of me; otherwise I had no way of knowing where the pavement was, let alone what lane I was in. And fighting to keep myself awake thru all this. I was totally ecstatic when the exit ramp for Breezewood, PA [an oasis of motels] finally came into view what seemed like hours later!
Good evening fellers! Sorry I ain't been around much. Family and more family. My vacation has been one family outing for sure. At any rate I finally got some time for trains today. Decided to dig into one of my Athearns to see what the deal is with the flashing headlights. Athearn wanted me to send one in so they could look at it. Found out that grease has gotten all over the pickups. Cleaned the wheels again to insure there isn't a problem with them. They were rather clean to say the least. Cleaned off the grease and no more flashes! Problem solved. So good news there. One unit down two to go.
Went to see Rouge 1 with my son. He really liked it and I thought it was OK. No idea what is planned for tomorrow.
Beady- Very cool pictures (no pun intended).
Willie- I look forward to seeing pictures of what you currently are doing.
Louis- Thankfully both of you are OK.
NG- The Pennsy had a few of that style. Occasionally you see a brass one up for sale but they are like hens teeth. A possibility for the shell may be a place that does 3D printing like Shapeways.