Ian, Can you share a picture of your painting stand? That looks pretty interesting.
Here you go; http://www.micromark.com/Tamiya-Spray-Work-Painting-Stand-Set,8491.html
Cheers,
Ian
Ian, Can you share a picture of your painting stand? That looks pretty interesting.
Ian, Thank you!!!
Ian that's looking much better, the lettering looks great!
I've learnt quite a bit about Testors decal paper - But no one seemed interested so I pushed on.....
So what is the answer then Ian? lol.. I have been following your thread as I'm about to start making my own decals as well for my own railroad scheme..
I certainly admire your perseverance, many many people would have binned the project at the first hurdle, but I for one am glad that you've stuck with it and now you have a decent model to show for your efforts that you should quite rightly be proud of.. No better feeling when someone asks you about a model to say 'I did that!'...
Definitely do the overcoat. Most of the decals I've tried without spraying over have tried to fall off.
Drifting a little OT (heh, it's my thread after all!), I drilled a hole in the cab roof and am gonna try a little orange bulb up there - I've always used LED's in the past, so this is another new one for me.
Being kind of new to this hobby, I enjoyed your writeup. It has been a number of years since I have done any "kit bashing" or cusomizing of model anything. I enjoyed reading about your trials and sucess.
.... Is it possible to cut the shrink wrap back and get to the pad? [I guess I'm about to find out]
Ian,it looks a lot better with the R.R. name across the hoods!
Hey the loco's looking great!
Sorry to hear of your 'lectrical woes tho, I have a pile of "smokeless decoders" and some that the wires let go also. Maybe I'll try what you did...
