Our little HO 4X8....

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Thanks guys! I'm impressed, no complaints about the Power Loc track, or the track too close to the edge, etc! :)

Lehrr - Don't worry about that kind of complaining nonsense around here, these guys are here to have fun. It's the major reason I joined THIS forum and not some others. There are some GREAT modelers here (I'm not one of them) but they are helpful and everyone is open minded about each other's work.

You've got a great start but like Jim said you don't know what you got yourself into. (Your wife will let you know) Enjoy your trains and the time with your girl, they grow up way too fast!
 
It is great to see what you are doing! Everyone has their own specialty, and that is what makes our world so interesting.

Since I discovered laser kits, I am totally hooked. In fact, I hardly ever run the locomotive, but when the grandkids come, look out! I have totally limited myself to 4x8, but have managed to dream up a lifetime of projects on it allready.
 
man how awsome to see your daughter all happy... bet it's a great feeling goodluck on the rest of your build and take the time with your little one cause they grow so darn fast it's sad..... enjoy and layout looks cool....
 


Yeah still going strong, however the summer time hobbies (RC cars, planes, boats, we love RC) have taken over for now. But we still sit and watch the trains go around sometimes. Once the days start getting colder and shorter again I'm sure we will be paying more attention to the layout. I'll get some updated pics up in a minute, be right back......
 
Here are some pics from today, just flipped on the lights and stretched out my B&O passenger set..... I have a problem with my little Spektrum B&O f7B unit that is on the grass there next to the yard, keeps losing electrical contact especially in turns. Looks clean so I don't know what the deal it, going to have to take a better look at the contacts one of these days.

train12.jpg



train13.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Nice layout. Just you wait, I bet this winter that "little project" will snowball into something not quite so "little".

Nice work, keep it up.

Shannon
 


Give it a few years, she will move on from Ho to EMD. Being a girl she will get more chances for cab hops,then guys do. Ask me how i know lol
 
Found this thread, here's an update.

Track was replaced with all nickel silver EZ Track. There were a couple different variations tried, settled on this one which allows both a dual round and round continuous run, or a single twice around configuration which I seem to have a soft spot for.

A couple rail yards and a turntable. Just settled on the town layout and started recutting roads. Also went DCC since the last update with a Prodigy Express system.

Here are some pics.

layout_aug_2012_01.jpg



layout_aug_2012_02.jpg



layout_aug_2012_03.jpg
 
Hi there,

Just had a look at the thread and really enjoyed it, and it's nice to see the ladies get into it, even if it's at such a young age.

I've always wondered what interest a female would have in model railroading, and I figured it would likely be on the artistic side ??.

Alan
 
My daughter was two weeks old when she went to her first train show. She grew up going to train shows and railfanning. She'll be 25 in 2 months. She wants to build a new layout with Dad to replace the one that was destroyed. I can't relate what a wonderful time I've had sharing this hobby with her. Anyone who misses out on this chance is missing the boat.

Steve
 
This is something she will remember the rest of her life.

Nice work, it's amazing what you can do in 4x8 feet of space
 
I really like your layout. I printed out your pictures and tried to figure out your track plan. I have a bunch of E-Z track that I use to build temp layouts with my grandsons until I can get a cleared out space in the basement for a table. By any chance do you have a plan I can take a peak at?
 


This is awesome! Reminds me when I was little and my father got me my first Lionel set (O gauge). I had a massive layout (3 sheets of 4x8 made into a "U" shape, but it got taken down when I got older as I lost interest. Now I am getting back into the hobby, slowly purchasing items (HO) a little at a time until I have a place to build a layout, which actually should be very soon as I am getting an apartment!
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top