Online Retailers that Fulfill and Ship Orders Quickly?

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


The running up a bid is something that does happen sometimes, the only thing you can do is set a maximum amount you want to spend, if it goes over that amount then just keep looking for what you want and realize that someone over paid for a product and at least it wasn't you.
Why not just buy from a reputable online dealer?:)

Mike
 
My dad used to joke that the cost of mailing anything hasn't gone up since 1952 but the cost of storing it has skyrocketed.:D
 
That has been my policy so far. I think if the one bidding against me is in "cohoots" with the vendor, then by agreement the bid is probably "null and void" and the item just gets relisted until the vendor gets a bid thy like.
 


The running up a bid is something that does happen sometimes, the only thing you can do is set a maximum amount you want to spend, if it goes over that amount then just keep looking for what you want and realize that someone over paid for a product and at least it wasn't you.

Yep!

Happened to me. I was bidding on a Ring Engineering EOT on eBay and bid it up to the price of the cost to buy it now from another vendor with free shipping.

I got outbid. So, I bought one from the other vendor. Two days later, I received a second chance offer. Apparently the first guy never paid when he realized how stupid he was to bid so high.

Well, no thanks. I paid too much at the buy it now price anyways. I realized it when I went to my DCC store (they deal exclusively with DCC products) had them for sale for 3 bucks less (sales tax included)
 
Discounttrainsonline.com usually has pretty good prices and their stuff ships out pretty fast. I also like that they are flexible enough to let you pay by snailmailing in a check or money order.
 
The best service I ever received was from Scenic Express. Phoned in an order before noon on a Monday; I received the entire order via USPS on Tuesday afternoon -- and I live about 400 miles away from them!

Regards,
Tom Stockton
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top