Online Retailers that Fulfill and Ship Orders Quickly?

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Nscale

New Member
I've placed a couple of orders recently through MB Klein / modeltrainstuff.com. While their prices are great and they have a great website which shows if an item is in stock, one minor gripe I have is that it seems to take them forever and a day to ship orders. Recently, for example, I placed an order on a Monday around noon (all items were in stock), however they didn't actually ship the order until Thursday which is a little slow in my book.

That said, I just thought I'd see if anyone has any recommendations for online train retailers that not only have good prices and a decent website, but also generally fulfill and ship orders the same day or on the following business day. Maybe I'm just impatient or asking for too much :)
 
I think you're just impatient and are asking for too much. Busy shops have a lot of business, Orders taken before yours must be prepared and sent first.

If you want something right away, shop in person.
 
Unless you paid for expedited shipping. 5-business days is reasonable from all experiences I've had ordering from places online including Kleins.
 


When you order from www.maclocoworks.com you get a email within 24hrs that the order was recivied.
It says right in the order that shipment will be 3-5 days after payment clears.

I have seen on this forum that some have had orders take months to recieve even if the iteam was in stock.
 
I placed an order on Friday. Today is Monday, and MB Klein has just shipped my order.

Pretty good if you ask me.
 
I'd be pretty peeved in that situation. Busy shop or not, it shouldn't take 4 days to mail something. Of course if you paid via cheque or something that is different.

Anyway, I always order from Fifer Hobby Supply unless they don't have what I want. Pretty sure I've had orders go out the same day from them, and they recently entered the HO market too.
 
My order with Walther's last week was marked as fulfilled and shipped the next day. Very fast turnaround.
 
You guys should try living in Canada, Does not really matter how quick the store fills your order, once canada post and canada customs get there hands on it they put it on a mule and every thing just slows right down.
mike
 
Mike, I heard a comedienne one time say she was from Canada. she said someone always asks her if she knows So-And-So. she says, "H*** yes, there aren't but 5 or 6 of us living up here. If that's the case why does mail move so slow with no more of you than there are to use it? :D
Besides, I figger your mail went by dog sled!:D
Now let's get that pipeline run to the US.;)
 


Today its 50degrees F and the daffidils are coming up:p here in My part of Canada.
So the dog sled would have to be on wheels.
And were going to build the pipeline to get the oil sludge to china instead:eek:
god forbid we turn it into gasoline here for Canadians so we could have the jobs and cheaper gas and screw are neibours to the south:D
 
Sorry for hijacking you thread. Most of my purchases online have been through Ebay and I use Paypal and usually get fast service.
BTW, I remember Sergeant Preston used a horse at times. Got some old episodes of his show on DVD. Would that be a "Western" or a "Northern"?
I'm all for the environment and ecology but if you've got millions of people out of work (including me) someone needs to give a little. Dill, Baby, Drill!
 
I'd be pretty peeved in that situation. Busy shop or not, it shouldn't take 4 days to mail something.

Well, at least one other person thinks along the same lines as I do :) I guess in past experiences with shopping online, whether it's from a large retailer or a small business, I'm accustomed to items shipping a day or so (sometimes faster) after I place the order, so waiting 3-4 days for an order to ship just seems a little slow in comparison.
 
I'd be pretty peeved in that situation. Busy shop or not, it shouldn't take 4 days to mail something. Of course if you paid via cheque or something that is different.

Anyway, I always order from Fifer Hobby Supply unless they don't have what I want. Pretty sure I've had orders go out the same day from them, and they recently entered the HO market too.

Thanks TJ , we are glad to have you !!

Mike & Robin
 
Ordered a Athearn SD70M-2 from modeltrainstuff.com late Tuesday, confirmed shipped Wednesday and Received it today at noon. I'de say that was fast. Its already torn apart and in alcohol for stripping.
 
i knew a shop owner that ordered a loco from walthers & it was backordered.......... 5 years later the engine came in & the shop owner called the house hold that placed the order & turns out he died 2 years before :eek:
 
i order alot if not all my train stuff from modeltrainstuff.com

I have to say every time i received a package i was very satisfied....

I never thought the time it took to process my order was very long at all, if it took a couple days oh well id rather them take the extra time to get my order right then rush it out the door and screw something up or pack it wrong....

I have 110% confidence in modeltrainstuff.com nothing but good things to say about them
 
I've been trying to buy a locomotive on Ebay. Evidently the vendor has a large supply of this particular loco. However, every time I bid on one the winning bid keeps getting higher. The first one wet for less than $11.00. I now have a $16 bid and it looks like I'm going to get beat out on this one, the 4th one I've tried to win. Makes me wonder if someone isn't running up the bid for the vendor. I've heard of that happening on Ebay.
 


I've been trying to buy a locomotive on Ebay. Evidently the vendor has a large supply of this particular loco. However, every time I bid on one the winning bid keeps getting higher. The first one wet for less than $11.00. I now have a $16 bid and it looks like I'm going to get beat out on this one, the 4th one I've tried to win. Makes me wonder if someone isn't running up the bid for the vendor. I've heard of that happening on Ebay.

The running up a bid is something that does happen sometimes, the only thing you can do is set a maximum amount you want to spend, if it goes over that amount then just keep looking for what you want and realize that someone over paid for a product and at least it wasn't you.
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top