Afternoon, everyone.
Steve amazing that people take all that time to spam little used internet forums. I guess there must be some return but it's hard to imagine how small the percentage must be. Sorry to hear about all the people at your place being sacked. It's stating to happen over here to. GE just announced they are selling $3 billion of preferred stock to Warren Buffet at a 10% dividend and an option of $3 billion more at $22.25 over the next five years. That price is just above the low of the year. They are also going to sell $10 billion in common shares, thereby diluting my investment even more. If GE is doing all this to stay afloat, the rest of the large companies are in equal trouble. It must be nice to be Warren Buffet right now though.
David, build a frame for the backdrop masonite and then mount the frame to the wall. You can do all the backdrop painting while it's flat on the floor and it will be a lot easier to handle. Do it in segments no more than five feet long or it gets too wiggly and heavy to mount with one person. Don't ask me how I know all thing. Let's just say that poor planning takes its evil toll.
Ray, I'm just getting the fascia board part of my layout so I'm interested to see how yous comes out. I'm using luan plywood and I'm thinking of staining it but paint may be better.
Paul, no rain here. Did you do that Hills Brothers car with the graphic of the Arab looking guy drinking coffee from a pail or something like that? I think that was one of the first Lionel cars I got many moons ago.
Ray, sounds like a great reception with an interesting speaker. Now you just have to go figure where you put that suit that still fits.
Jeffrey, sorry you got yanked around about your shoes. At least you still know how to avoid a traffic jam even with bad shoes.
Corey, there's nothing like big steam. My late wife, who wasn't a train fan at all, would come out to see a steam engine. She thought they sounded like living beings, breathing and belching.
Paul, I remember many a night laying in bed listening to whistle of the 20th Century Limited, which ran on the NYC tracks about a mile from my house. It always came though Cleveland about 9:00, just when I was ready to go to sleep. You knew it was the 20th Century by the wail of that whistle. I often laid there and wondered who was on that train, where they were going, and if I would get to ride trains like that when I grew up. Little did I realize that 20th Century would nothing more than a memory when I was an adult and the only wail I'd hear while traveling was jet turbines winding up.
The "cold" front just went through here. The only way I could tell was that the wind shifted to the north and the temperature fell from 87 to 78. Not even a cloud went by with the front. We should have a few days of cooler weather but no rain for at least the next seven days. The last time we had rain was September 13 and that was only .26 inches. Hard to believe we can have four hurricanes pass by us and we don't even get a drop of rain out any of them.