Afternoon, everyone.
Steve, they make you have all this medical work to emigrate to New Zealand? Aren't they still kind of part of the Commonwealth? Are they trying to make sure you won't cost them health insurance money or what? Assuming that Nz has the same RN shortage we have, I would think they'd be paying your plane fare. Maybe you should consider coming to Alabama.
Rex, indeed, early season football often show up the loopholes of polls to rank teams. OTOH, Oregon has always been an underrated team. This really makes tomorrow's Bama game interesting. If we could actually beat Georgia, there's a good chance we could move up to #3 in the polls, depending on how bad USC is hurt by their defeat. I agree with Ken about all the electrical stuff you're doing. Getting two grade crossing flashers and gates to work right is taxing my electrical skills.
CJ, I hope you're feeling a bit better. We are all looking forward to seeing you at the Irondale.
Ken, you are about as safe as you can get with Vanguard. If they go down, I'm cashing in my CD's to buy more food and ammo.

With Washington Mutual going belly up and, I suspect, Wachovia fast on its heels, it's a nervous time for all. The collapse of the so-called rescue plan hasn't helped any. I think the Senate will come up with some kind of plan this weekend but it will not stop the market fall. This is just one of the bad economic times we're going to have ride out until enough weak sisters fall by the wayside and stronger companies can get things moving again.
I've never had enough nerve to put in anything but one of those cheesy $35 Atlas turntables so I'm sure anything you do will come out better than if I did it.
It's another warm day here with a temperature of 94 right now. Still low humidity so not so bad and no sign of rain. Luckily, Tropical Storm Kyle and the extratropical low that's now starting move up the mid-Atlantic coast will stay far enough apart not to interact. All you guy up the coast are still going to get some pretty good wind and rain from this low though. Just in case we have anyone in Nova Scotia, it looks like Kyle will make landfall as fairly strong tropical storm
