Afternoon, everyone.
Rex, is there any way you can cash in your AIG annuity early, even if you have to take a penalty? The government bailout/loan is not going to work. They are now the walking dead and no one will do business with them. The loan will be eaten up in about a month as AIG tries to sell off the business lines they have that are still worth something. All the government did is make all of us creditors when the inevitable bankruptcy arrives. Today's reaction by the stock market show most investors do not believe this is the end of the crisis and more banks are about to fail, Washington Mutual probably being next on the list. I would do whatever I could to get my money out now.
Ray, congratulations on your Electrical certificate. You should get one just for all the Torti you are installing.
Tom, I sure hope your son will be happier in JV. I moved up to varsity too quick in high school and I know it really hurt my playing ability compared to guys who spent more time in JV.
Chris, there have been persistent reports of Columbian cartel members trying to buy Whiskey class ex-Russian submarines from both China and Cuba. If they get one of those, they can really smuggle in some blow. The Columbian Navy has two large Type 209 submarines and two midget types of 70 tons, not much different than the one that was seized off Guatemala. Think there might be a connection?
Alco, the Southern sure did have some beautiful steam engines and they always kept them spotless. Take a look at that telegraph pole with the light just behind the tender though. Seems they were a little more relaxed about what was close to straight in those days.
Corey, Ray knows way more about soldering than me so I'd take his advice. The only bit of wisdom I have is to always have a sponge near your iron so you can clean the tip every time you use it. Makes it heat up a lot faster and spreads the heat over the tip more evenly.
Paul, sounds you've got a day with temperatures not to far off ours. It's cloudy and only 78 degrees. Reminds me way too much of Cleveland.
David, glad that there was only a small fire. Looks like you've got a pretty good line up of manufacturers for your shop. I hope you do well.
For those of you who don't understand just how bad Ike was, here's a before and after picture of Gilchrist, Texas, on the Bolivar peninsula. just north of Galveston.
Before:
After:
They weren't kidding when they said not evacuating meant certain death.
