Bill Tidler Jr.
Retired N&W/NS Signalman
09-05-2008
Good Morning from Tipton IN !
Good Morning from Tipton IN !
It's the radius of the diverging track that's the problem. Bachmann likes to say it's 18" radius but it isn't. I measured it to be sure. It's more like 15.3" radius. I've positioned the turnout differently so that the through train can go by on the straight part and the diverging track goes to the spur.Jeffrey, I wondered if you'd have any problems with that E-Z track switch. I only have two on my layout for a passing track but they have given me fits ever since I installed them. I've finally got them where they will take most six axle power and cars up to about 60 feet long after a lot of realignment and point filing but anything bigger will cause a derailment for sure. I have Atlas #4 switches that will handle larger power and cars with no problem. There's something about the diverging route on those Bachmann switch that just don't seem to have the right geometry.![]()
