Number Twelve Coffee Shop is now open

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


OK, I'll take my crow served medium-well, please. :) Either Clemson is vastly overrated or Alabama really does have a good team this year. A lot of folks in Vegas lost money on that one.

On a sad note, Prattville's winning streak came to the end at 30 games with a 15-10 loss to St. Xavier in Cincinnati. St. X is one of the top rated high schools in the country and Prattville came in as huge underdogs but had the lead until the fourth quarter and just couldn't pull off another touchdown. :(...

Jim, the broadcasters were commenting on that Saban has one of the top if not the top recruiting class this year.
Plus he was using them early.

Sorry to here about Prattville losing.:mad: Last year our school, Hoover, was rated in the top ten by USA Today and we were gonna play some team up north that was rated way up there as well. But the BOE wouldn't let them play on a Sunday so it could be broadcast on ESPN. The game that they wanted to play, never got played.
 
Mornin' everyone!

Looks like everyone is packing to get out of Gustav's way. I sure would be! My thoughts and prayers to all of you who are anywhere near where that monster comes ashore.

Congrats to all you Bama Fans out there. Jim that is still a great streak of wins. They will just have to get to work to make a longer one..... Actually I always feel sorry to the kids in two types of teams, the ones who never win, and the ones who never lose. Both are important to learn in life. I was always glad my sons were in track. They could turn in their best times ever in an event and still lose. Then they could feel good and bad at the same time.;)

I just got a call from my son. He is on his way home from a family reunion (his wife's) in PA. They just found out that their house is going to be shown this afternoon at 2PM and it is a mess as they left on Friday without cleaning or picking up. MIL I think is with them. That leaves yours truly to clean the house before the Realtor shows up. Man are they in trouble.......:eek: :rolleyes: :D
 
Gustav is coming and it looks like nothing is gonna stop it. See the red dot on the white line for Tuesday? That's where I am.


Gustavprojection.png
 


Well, I did it. I've been wanting to take up golf after a 30 year hiatus, so I bought a used set, hit a couple buckets of balls and headed out to the wide open spaces. I even broke 65.

And I only lost 3 balls!
 
Hey Chip! Good to see you! (Flo, give Chip whatever he wants this afternoon. Oh, put it on Jim's tab....)

Well, I did it. I've been wanting to take up golf after a 30 year hiatus, so I bought a used set, hit a couple buckets of balls and headed out to the wide open spaces. I even broke 65.

And I only lost 3 balls!

And that was on the Front 9???? Certainly a lot better than I could do. I haven't played a round of golf since I taught in Waverly, NY close to 35 years ago. And that was just just the teacher's end of the year tournament.

What's going on with the layout? Anything?
 
Hi everyone! Just got back in from visiting a friend. I was on I-20/59 and the northbound lanes are packed, all with Louisiana cars. At least some are listening to the warnings.

ROLL TIDE Roll! Thanks Steve, I knew we could get you on our side :D

Jeffrey: Tie it all down and batan the hatches, you're going to get a blow. The best of luck to you.
 
Hey Carey Send me a slab of steak would ya,,, you may have to wrap it up very well so it won't get cold en route, sounds like you hit the jackpot with your son's future....

me,,, i'm munching on tortilla and salsa dip and washing it down with a cold can of Guinness
 
Steve, that's a real no no! Tortillas and salsa with UK Beer!:eek: OMG Man get some Corona and lime or some Cerveza Dos Equis! Now thats going south of the boarder!;) You guys should import some of our undocumented Workers from Mexico:rolleyes: ? They will add to your culture greatly and do jobs you guys won't do!:rolleyes: ;) :D
 
Gustav data:

Date: Aug. 31, 2008
Time: 5:00 p.m. ET
Winds: 115 mph
Strength: Cat. 3
Direction: Moving NW at 20 mph
Latitude: 26.4 N
Longitude: 87.3 W


TROPICAL STORM WIND WARNING NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL 1 AM CDT TUESDAY...

A TROPICAL STORM WIND WARNING AND A FLASH FLOOD WATCH ARE NOW IN EFFECT.

...PARISHES/COUNTIES AFFECTED...

BEAUREGARD...CALCASIEU...VERNON.

TROPICAL STORM WIND WARNING. FLASH FLOOD WATCH.

PERSONS IN THE WARNING AREA ARE ADVISED TO CONTINUE PREPARATIONS TO PROTECT LIFE AND PROPERTY.

EVACUATION INFORMATION:

BEAUREGARD PARISH.
A VOLUNTARY EVACUATION IS IN EFFECT.

CALCASIEU PARISH.
A MANDATORY EVACUATION IS IN EFFECT AS OF NOON TODAY.


...WINDS...

HURRICANE GUSTAV IS EXPECTED TO MAKE LANDFALL ALONG THE SOUTH- CENTRAL OR SOUTHEAST LOUISIANA COAST AROUND NOON MONDAY AS AN EXTREMELY DANGEROUS CATEGORY 4 HURRICANE...WITH SUSTAINED WINDS OF 130 MPH AND GUSTS UP TO 160 MPH.

ON THE CURRENT PATH OF GUSTAV...TROPICAL STORM FORCE WINDS ARE EXPECTED TO BEGIN IMPACTING CALCASIEU PARISH BY MID-AFTERNOON ON MONDAY...THEN CONTINUE TO SPREAD NORTHWARD TOWARD DERIDDER AND LEESVILLE AS GUSTAV MOVES TO THE NORTHWEST. WIND GUSTS TO HURRICANE STRENGTH WILL BE POSSIBLE MONDAY NIGHT AND TUESDAY...MAINLY NORTH OF DERIDDER.

...PROBABILITY OF HURRICANE/TROPICAL STORM CONDITIONS...

LAKE CHARLES.
TROPICAL STORM...66 PERCENT.
HURRICANE...16 PERCENT.

DERIDDER.
TROPICAL STORM...65 PERCENT.
HURRICANE...11 PERCENT.

LEESVILLE.
TROPICAL STORM...64 PERCENT.
HURRICANE...9 PERCENT.

3 TO 6 INCHES OF RAINFALL...WITH LOCALLY HIGHER AMOUNTS...WILL BE POSSIBLE ACROSS SOUTHWEST AND WEST-CENTRAL LOUISIANA. RAINFALL OF THIS MAGNITUDE WILL LIKELY RESULT IN FLOODING...AND A FLASH FLOOD WATCH IS NOW IN EFFECT THROUGH TUESDAY AFTERNOON.

...TORNADOES...

ISOLATED TORNADOES WILL BE POSSIBLE ON MONDAY AND LASTING INTO TUESDAY.
 
Last edited by a moderator:


Hey Chip! Good to see you! (Flo, give Chip whatever he wants this afternoon. Oh, put it on Jim's tab....)

And that was on the Front 9???? Certainly a lot better than I could do. I haven't played a round of golf since I taught in Waverly, NY close to 35 years ago. And that was just just the teacher's end of the year tournament.

You got it. The front nine.

What's going on with the layout? Anything?

I have a new plan for the Rock Ridge and Train City. My son and I have been clearing the basement for a couple weeks. When I moved my business home my wife talked me into temporarily storing all the furniture & supples from three rooms at the office to my train room and garage. I hope to everything ready by the start of train season and have working trains by spring.

rockridgetraincityII-2a.jpg
 
Good evening folks

It has been a busy day. We got back from canoeing on the Brandywine Creek in Chester County. The trip we took was supposed to take 1 ½ hours but too k close to 2 hours and 15 minutes. The creek was running low so we ran aground quite a few times. I am sore. My son came home and crashed. I think he is down for the night.

This morning my daughter performed a flute solo in church. She did Amazing Grace.

I am contemplating a hot shower right now.

Jeffery and everyone else in the path of Gustav we are praying for you.

I hope everybody has a good evening.
 
WEATHER
8 AM 78 °F Cloudy Mostly cloudy and still a bit breezy along the coast.
2 PM 88 °F Partly Cloudy / Showers A few showers, especially north.
10 PM 81 °F Partly Cloudy Variable clouds.
50% CHANCE OF RAIN

LOCAL NEWS
Great waves, but danger underneath
http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/myfox/...n=2&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.1.1

PERSONAL NOTE
"Flo, 20oz Steak and eggs over easy, Home fries make that a double, 6 strips of bacon, Coffee, OJ, and A large glass of water for...................Ray's wallet fire! Thanks Ray for picking up the tab, I'd help ya with that wallet fire but a mans gota eat!:D ;) :rolleyes: "

Not much going on here, Spent yesterday doing nothing really. Did some arm chair modeling and rumaged through some boxes in the train room. other than that potato kinda day! might wash and wax the car and truck today if i feel up to it:rolleyes: Rain like on and off all day yesterday due to gustov. that should be over.

Jeff, I know what your going through, we're praying for ya! stay safe!

Chip, I like your track plan!
 
WEATHER
8 AM 78 °F Cloudy Mostly cloudy and still a bit breezy along the coast.
2 PM 88 °F Partly Cloudy / Showers A few showers, especially north.
10 PM 81 °F Partly Cloudy Variable clouds.
50% CHANCE OF RAIN

LOCAL NEWS
Great waves, but danger underneath
http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/myfox/...n=2&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.1.1

PERSONAL NOTE
"Flo, 20oz Steak and eggs over easy, Home fries make that a double, 6 strips of bacon, Coffee, OJ, and A large glass of water for...................Ray's wallet fire! Thanks Ray for picking up the tab, I'd help ya with that wallet fire but a mans gota eat!:D ;) :rolleyes: "

Not much going on here, Spent yesterday doing nothing really. Did some arm chair modeling and rumaged through some boxes in the train room. other than that potato kinda day! might wash and wax the car and truck today if i feel up to it:rolleyes: Rain like on and off all day yesterday due to gustov. that should be over.

Jeff, I know what your going through, we're praying for ya! stay safe!

Chip, I like your track plan!

To the rest of ya! Happy Labor Day and Keep it safe!:) :) :)
 
Good morning.

It's 78, extremely cloudy and getting worse as Gustav approaches. The high will be in the mid to upper 80's with a high possibility of thunderstorms.

As I sit here on my hilltop looking down at the lower properties around me the weather is getting extremely ugly. I'll be out of here within the next two hours.

Click here for satellite map

Click here for radar map

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 9/1/2008


Heat Index: 82°F
Humidity: 74%
Dew Point: 69°F

So Far Today
High: 81°F
Low: 78°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 9mph NNE

Important Message

Tropical storm wind warning in effect until 3 PM cdt Tuesday. Flash flood watch in effect through Tuesday afternoon.

Today High: 82 Tropical storm conditions. Highs in the lower 80s. North winds 20 to 25 mph with gusts to around 30 mph in the morning increasing to 30 to 40 mph with gusts to around 60 mph in the afternoon.

Tonight Low: 75 Tropical storm conditions expected. Showers and isolated thunderstorms. Locally heavy rainfall possible. Lows in the mid 70s. North winds 45 to 55 mph with gusts to around 70 mph. Chance of rain near 100 percent.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n3/proudIndian/P1010006-1.jpg
 
Mornin' everyone!

Jeffrey good luck and stay safe. Hope you get out of there and have someplace to weather the storm.

To any of you in the path of Gustav, my thoughts and prayers are with you and yours!

Today is my FILs 95th. birthday party! He was born September 3, 1913. Two days before my Father. They went to school together, played in the band together (The last time they were both 82 BTW). Their fathers were best friends............. One of my sisters was best friends with one of Barney's Daughters in High School. And I ended up marrying the prettiest of the lot! (He had one son and 4 daughters) Lots of connections. It should be a great celebration!

Have a great Labor Day!
 


I'm at my parents home now. It has a couple of reinforced rooms that serve as storm shelters. The newer part of the house was purpose built with tornadoes and hurricanes in mind. The older part was retrofitted.
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top