No more "Extreme Trains"?

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Probably because it's all been said :D I liked the few episodes I saw, though I think the guy hosting needed to lay of the coffee ;).

The rivet counter statement led to one discussion, then Andy handed CJ a soapbox. Handing CJ a soapbox can be dangerous, unless you're not busy for a couple of days, and have your short pants on, cause it gets deep! :rolleyes::p:p:D;).

Sorry CJ, had to...:)

Maybe they'll do more shows, maybe not. At least we got some!
 
I'm not an "evangelist" either Andy. Please don't take this the wrong way but, if it seems that most people "still won't get it after my explanation", then maybe somethings wrong with the explanation or its delivery.

I used to think that, but I stopped worrying about it a long time ago. I'm not going to be all things to all people, or even most things to most people. Or even 51% of things to 51% of the people, which is why I don't run for office. If I reach someone by being a phony, what have I accomplished? OTOH, if I fail to reach someone while being true to myself, I have at least accomplished being true to myself one more time.

I believe you. I can see your point, but I believe that unless you go to these meetings regularly, you tend to lose chances to make the very contacts that you seek.

When I do go to the meetings, I tend to see the same people. I know who they are. Oddly enough, one reason I went to a few meetings was because a guy saw my Duck Creek web site (which has nothing to do with model railroading) and emailed me. Turns out he's an NMRA member, and a 3-rail O guy whose layout was open for tour at the next NMRA meeting. So I went to the meeting and hooked up with him, went to his house after and we talked about all the Duck Creek Road stuff - he eventually found some very valuable photos in his collection which are now on my web site. We have very little in common train-wise.

I don't know about you, but I have thoroughly enjoyed this discussion. It seems that we do have thoughts along similar lines. Who knows, you might even be the one individual who could show me where the main rods, and stoker are located on a diesel

Can't help ya there. I can show you the stoker on this though:
snl001.jpg


Andy
 


I found the episodes below listed on BT site:
steam, NS's coal, BNSF's freight, UP's cold express, and Acela's high speed.
Were there any others?
If anyone wants to know where I got them, shoot me a PM.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
they had a mini marathon yesterday on history channel during the afternoon.
I'm home with a newborn right now and I got to catch 3 episodes during that mini-marathon. I also got to watch the episode last night on the Empire Builder.

Sorry if I rehash anything, but I'm not giong through 4 pages.

These 4 episodes are the only ones I've seen, and I was very happily impressed. I liked all the little side ventures during the episodes, like the visit to the Steam museum in PA, and the maintenance portions. Matt is a little spazzy, but I think that plays into the whole "Extreme" theme of a lot of reality shows today. I don't know the guy, but I bet he's actually pretty cool.

I wish they could keep the series going, but in reality, there's only so much you can do. An episode on the Tropicana juice trains would be neat. Hopefully, the History Channel will offer this series as a box set.
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top