New Layout for LASM

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Layout looks great and the guided tour was cool LASM, thank you!

Do you have a REA boxcar? It would look good at one of the freight stations. It could be bringing a Lionel train set to one of the town's folk from Madison Hardware or even other stuff from Sears. How about a B&O boxcar as well, it could be bringing a car load of something from the port or one of the manufactures we use to have in Baltimore.
 
I like the overall view with the description, well done.
What I like is that you're touching lots of aspects of the train's diversified use

Thanks for the video
 


Do you have a REA boxcar? It would look good at one of the freight stations. It could be bringing a Lionel train set to one of the town's folk from Madison Hardware or even other stuff from Sears. How about a B&O boxcar as well, it could be bringing a car load of something from the port or one of the manufactures we use to have in Baltimore.

Thanks, all, for checking out the layout overview. Everyone on the site has been great with suggestions and support and I hope you noticed that you got included in the credits!

LOUIS: Interesting angle and reason to include some east coast rolling stock on the layout, I have been staying away from them but I would like a reason to buy some, Now I have one!!

No reason I couldn't use an REA box car as well!
 
I got my stuff organized last weekend, put up a new shelf in the closet and now I can actually find stuff:

Storage.jpg


Storage 2.jpg

Even though I am always buying stuff, I am finding that I am also constantly getting rid of stuff. One thing I hate is clutter. A little compulsive that way.
 
Good idea keeping things organized. I used to have things organized, but a few years back we had a pipe freeze up for an outside hydrant and it was right over the desk where I did all of my work for the model railroad. Thankfully there was very little water damage, but everything was moved into large boxes from shelves and the boxes were moved into the train room and into two other bedrooms.

I am now trying to find items I know that I had, but have no idea of where they are. Am I losing you????? To make it plain and simple, I am at present unorganized.

I guess the problem is, and this may sound crazy, we have too much room and too many places to store things. The kids are married and out on their own, but instead of renting a storage unit, a lot of it is now stored in spare bedrooms. My train stuff is also scattered among their stuff. That's bad. Can't tell my stuff from their stuff. Slowly I am rummaging through "stuff" and finding all sorts of model railroad goodies.
 
I finished this cheap little loco over the weekend, for switching cars around the lumber operation. This thing can pull really slow, too; surprised me because I thought these old life likes only had fast and stop... This is filled with weights so can pull really well,

dockside loco 002.jpg

I am an ameteur at painting this stuff, used a rattle can of flat black and some dry brushing of antique white to dull it more...

dockside loco 001.jpg

dockside loco 003.jpg

Hopefully this week can get my log loading video done...
 


Great progress, you've got so much more done since the last time was on your thread. You're going to run out of projects soon! Keep the updates coming.

Steve


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Chet, BCRail, Steve: Thanks for the feedback and checking it out.

I still have room for lots of details and several of plans in my head, will be redoing a little scenery as well.
 
Very nice logan,

I'm amazed at all those OLD locomotives.
I have no clue of anything prior to 2000 (except for my research into Canadian Pacific in the 1960's)
I love seeing stuff build in the steam era, wish I knew more.

Thanks for the picture, keep posting
 
Thanks for checking it out, I wish I knew more about that model in particular...Really something what you can bump into on ebay!
 
I added a little activity to the sawmill over the weekend:

layout9 005.jpg


Also, a couple new switch stands,

layout9 010.jpg

I added some more grass and flowering plants around this one, also a few details:

layout9 008.jpg
 
Chet, Hawkes--Thanks for the comments. Here are some pics of new details in the log loading area I finished this weekend--I got some cant hooks from Keystone Locomotive Works and also adapted the "dock workers" into loggers,


logging 002.jpg


logging 006.jpg
 






Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top