New Layout for LASM

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Hawksbury, Yannis; Thanks for viewing;

The water tower came from ebay, I don't recognize who manufactured it; but I cannot take credit for it other than re-assembly after shipping. After putting it up, I realized there needed to be a pump house so put that together the other night.
 


Thanks, Tony--My wife wanted me to put more people on the layout and when the charge showed up on my Master Card she had to give me grief about it!

I selectively put the cotton in my ears so my hobby doesn't suffer!
 
Layout is looking great, it's amazing how much depth and realism you get from just adding all the buildings, scenery and so on.... I'm finally starting to see that on my layout too.

Your layout is really coming along!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 


Thanks for checking it out, Steve; The water tower was something in the back of my mind but when I saw this one on ebay I knew it was right for my layout. After setting it in place I realized there had to be a pump house with it.

Now I can put some fire hydrants around, too.
 
Thanks, Roadmonkey; it took a lot of thinking and I didn't come up with the final design until I actually started drilling holes. I was going to transfer the power with a cable then got the threaded rod brainstorm.
 
I finished wiring the streetlights and a couple buildings and here are some pictures, I think it turned out pretty nice:


Looking west down main street:

night scenes 001.jpg


Looking east down main:

night scenes 003.jpg


Shows the industrial area, the only lighted buildings are the iron works buildings:

night scenes 006.jpg


The lights in the background are by the sawmill office and boarding house:

night scenes 007.jpg

Thanks for looking!!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Looking GREAT
How many lights would you put in a building? (house)
I'm thinking of putting for example 1 light in the living room and 1 in another room, which will be closed in by walls so that the light doesn't show in the other rooms, does that make sense?

Thanks
 
Thanks, Hawkes: There is one light in the larger Iron Works factory and one in the small factory building, otherwise just streetlights.

It seems like my lights really want to bleed through, I could have used a bigger resistor but used the 12v one that came with them. The street lights from China don't seem to be LED because polarity did not matter on them.

I think one light per building would be fine, in just any room; unless you want it REALLY lit up.
 
Check out these pics--The sun somehow made it into the basement this morning and it really shows the detail on the cement pads made from joint compound:

2night 001.jpg

2night 002.jpg

Thanks for looking!!
 
Thanks for checking it out, Loius;

that will be one of 2 days in the year that the sun will make it into that spot, given that it won't be obscured by the clouds.
 






Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top