ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
This is an amazing layout Sir ... and your work is first class!
Cheers,
This is an amazing layout Sir ... and your work is first class!
Cheers,
Thanks Wombat , for taking a look and the compliments as well.
Mike
Gavin and I managed to get a video update done on the ACTRR yesterday as well as some basic switching for Mr G and I to practice the basic building and industry locations.
[video=youtube;5QvbordiVKA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QvbordiVKA[/video]
Mike
Yesterday I had some time to make video #40 on the Albuquerque Carnuel & Tijeras RR.
Not complete on the forest end but getting there after the helix placement.
[video=youtube;2OAd5YUcBmw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OAd5YUcBmw[/video]
Sorry Guys , it has been a while but just got back out to the room and here is the area I have been working on.
I am trying to get roads put in and figured out. I will again use roofing felt and hot glue to make these.
Mike
Thanks Tony , I am having fun on it right now.
Mike
Looking good mike. Keep the photos and YouTube vids coming
Looking good mike. Keep the photos and YouTube vids coming
Thanks Brother , I am trying. Sorta bogged down with shop repairs right at the moment.
Mike
Great work Mike, keep the progress coming as best as you can. Not easy finding time or motivation to get down to the layout. I know this all to well myself.
Great work Mike, keep the progress coming as best as you can. Not easy finding time or motivation to get down to the layout. I know this all to well myself.
Actually I got pretty hyped up once the plastering was done.
Mike
Today I got the road forms in and some base scenery. Need to do some more painting and when the glue drys , tint the ballast.
Mike
Today I got the road painted and some base scenery down in the area. I also got the track and ballast stained. Got some stain on the road as well. Now for the fun detail stuff.
Mike
You're rolling right along with this area! Nice work on the roads, track and scenery. What do you use for painting the roads?
You're rolling right along with this area! Nice work on the roads, track and scenery. What do you use for painting the roads?
Thanks , I used Grimey Black for the base coat and then regular craft Black watered down and washed on. I will later put oil slicks on with weathering powders.
Mike
Thanks so much Tony , Mike
Here are a few stills of the near completed area.
Mike
Mike,
That really is impressive work!
Mike,
That really is impressive work!
Thanks so much again Tony , Mike
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)