New ACTRR Updates

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


I have started a Blair Line Sunset Motel. I have stuccoed the office and built the room bases and walls. This is a very well designed kit and goes together extremely well. I will be calling it the Yucca Motel and have scanned and redone the sign on photo paper and sprayed with Testors Decal coating to protect the ink. The yucca on top of the sign will have a long stem coming out the top. I will be using Model Tech Studios roof sign maker to make the Yucca sign that goes on top of the bungalows.

DSCN2240.png


DSCN2241.png


DSCN2242.png


Mike
 
Here is what I have been working on (slowly).
It is a Blair Line Sunset Motel.
I finally have it on its base that was cut to fit the highway north of the ghost town. I need to place it and do grass and earth around it and blend into the highway yet.
Any way here she is.

DSCN0009-1.png


DSCN0010.png


DSCN0011.png


Mike
 
Here is the Motel in place on the layout.
It is in front of and slightly to the right of the ghost town.
Thanks , Mike

DSCN0013.png


DSCN0014.png


DSCN0015.png
 


Well I FINALLY got all the UniTrack ballasted and here are some overview shots of the whole layout as of yesterday.

DSCN0124.png


DSCN0123.png


DSCN0125.png


DSCN0126.png


DSCN0127.png


Mike
 


That sir, is a fantastic layout, all beautifuly blended in scenes. Excellent modeling. BTW love the motel scene, even havd to revisit the last video.
Cheers
Willis
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Willis and I really love your layout progress as well.
Mike

LOL Mike that layout is gone, a new layout is taking shape in the same area. Was too many mistakes and it really wasn't any fun. This time before the first piece of track goes in place I'll discuss it on the forum.
Had to edit my post as went back to revisit the video.
Cheers
Willis
 
First of all I would like to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and happy New Year. I have had little time to work on the layout and plan on doing an updated video number 23 maybe today. This is what I have been working on inside the workbench this week. Just a few miscellaneous projects I've had laying around and intend on putting on the layout. The tourist trap I've had constructed for quite some time and it was on the old layout and needed a little bit of rehab. The rest of the structures are built for specific locations. The loading ramp will go in the ghost town as well as the adobe house and garage. The green stucco building will go at the T. Leary chemical factory. The tourist trap will go along the highway on the way into the ghost town.
DSCN0289.png

Mike
 
I am finally done installing The T. Leary Chemical plant on the left side of the entrance door. Of coarse they will get product from Fifer Unobtainium on a regular basis and they are very EPA concious, of coarse.

DSCN0291.png


DSCN0293.png


DSCN0294.png


Mike
 
Here is what I worked on this weekend.
The Fire Department was given to me in a scrap bin and i have put it on a new base and made a sign for it as well as touch it up some.
The Post Office is a @bay kit from Small Structures. I added the A/C and sign.
They will also go in Oro Grande (formerly The Ghost Town).

DSCN0404.png


DSCN0405.png


Thanks , Mike
 






Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top