My Train Room!

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


BMR777

Member
I'm excited because I've finally gotten my train room up and running after over a year of work! I've turned the second bedroom of my apartment into the train room and have a 9 x 6 foot layout in there that I built in modules so it can be easily disassembled when I move.

Here are some photos. The cheap camera on my laptop doesn't do it justice. Let me know what you think!



oksnapshot2012120814.jpg








 


Very nice, good work on that.

I like the asphalt you modeled.

And your weathering on your cars are really good too.
 
It's an ongoing project, but it's finally at a runnable state. Up until about a week ago I've had it on the floor in pieces but now I've got a table made for it which makes it so much more enjoyable.

In the middle there are some roads and scenery, but there's also an access hole so I can get in there if needed.

It's an ongoing project. I have to add the road lines and then I want to add some more buildings and streetlights, crossing flashers and lighted accessories. I wish I could add more track too but no more space.

I must confess too that the weathering on the cars isn't mine. I got that car on eBay for $10. :)

The asphalt is all my work though. It still needs road markings though. :)
 
Looks great. Looking forward to seeing updates and more photos.
 
Updates!

I've got some updates I've made to the layout over the past couple of weeks. I have gotten the road lines added to the layout, which I think turned out real well. I used some paint pens for the road markings and I am surprised how well it turned out!

I've also got a few new vehicles, figures, buildings and trees I have added. :)


A shot of the trains running


Another shot of the trains


A car in the new parking lot, with the glue for the figures still drying.


A new truck on the new road


A better look at the roads








My favorite, the guy in the Viper being pulled over by the IL state police. :)

The new building, which I'll be turning into a mechanic's shop / auto repair.



I hope you have enjoyed my updates. :)
More to come. :)
 






Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top