ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
Nice job with the weathering
That looks really cool. I love the stain and the roof. Are you putting steps up to the door farthest from the tracks?
I'm thinking of embedding the back into a little hill and the building a small coaling section next to it. And thanks for the kudos.
Sent from Pete's Pad using Tapatalk
That makes more sense, and should look pretty good.
Nice model and congratulations on your first wooden kit.
Cheers
Nice model and congratulations on your first wooden kit.
Cheers
Thanks...
Sent from Pete's Pad using Tapatalk
For your first build .. That's awesome!
Luv the slight sag in the roof and the tin is as good as I have seen.
For your first build .. That's awesome!
Luv the slight sag in the roof and the tin is as good as I have seen.
Yea the sag is not on purpose. It's card stock supporting the galvanized roof. But it does add to the character. I did allot of reading and watching videos on weathering. I think the water color technique I first came across in model railroad hobbyest. Practiced on the roofs of a couple of box cars and then went for it.
Sent from Pete's Pad using Tapatalk
Thanks
Sent from Pete's Pad using Tapatalk
Northern Pacific history enthusiast
The roof is about perfect with the slight sag. It was just some watercolor and paint wash?
lasm
No substitute for real wood when staining. The color variance really makes this pop. Nice job.
The roof is about perfect with the slight sag. It was just some watercolor and paint wash?
lasm
A few tips for the water color is a little goes a long way when doing the layers of color. Also you need to let each layer dry overnight or they'll just blend into one yuck of a mess.
I would soak the pencil then use a small brush to get just a small amount off the end of the pencil and don't get the brush to soaked or it'll run.
Sent from Pete's Pad using Tapatalk
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)