Regarding this:
"also to anyone else, where can I pick up these metal replacement pieces? if im gonna do it I might as well do it properly!! "
I have built about 30 of the blueprint kits and the details they come with are fairly durable and as long as you are careful you wont have any issues.
I dont know if anyone makes direct replacement metal parts anyways, but the factory stuff usually fits perfectly. These are beautiful cars when done. I would not use CA if you can, rather I would look for the liquid plastic cement stuff, like ambroid pro weld. Works great for welding plastic.
If you want a beginner style kit - just look for a Athearn 40' boxcar kit (in the blue box). I started by building these, then went to accurail kits and now I mostly build the branchline kits. If you really want a kit that looks awesome - build a branchline passenger car. They take a long time to complete, but they look awesome when done.
"also to anyone else, where can I pick up these metal replacement pieces? if im gonna do it I might as well do it properly!! "
I have built about 30 of the blueprint kits and the details they come with are fairly durable and as long as you are careful you wont have any issues.
I dont know if anyone makes direct replacement metal parts anyways, but the factory stuff usually fits perfectly. These are beautiful cars when done. I would not use CA if you can, rather I would look for the liquid plastic cement stuff, like ambroid pro weld. Works great for welding plastic.
If you want a beginner style kit - just look for a Athearn 40' boxcar kit (in the blue box). I started by building these, then went to accurail kits and now I mostly build the branchline kits. If you really want a kit that looks awesome - build a branchline passenger car. They take a long time to complete, but they look awesome when done.
