Model manufacturers prototype errors

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Nor have I...The Rapido cars are just as generic - if not more so -and most are based on Canadian Specification Builds, if I'm not mistaken. The other thing i do not like about the Rapido cars are that the plastic is translucent so if they're lighted, so are your car sides - too toy like for my tastes.
The Rapido cars that I have purchased have strangly colored paint, and I wish I had not purchased them. They claim 100% accurate paint, but all I can tell is that they got their example paint chips off of old equipment that had been sitting around fading in the sun for 20 years or so.


I alos have the Overland Brass Business Train with several add-on Domes -those are the best for the modern train.
Last year I got a set of Division Point passenger cars. It was a disappointment for the cost. It looks great but won't run. One generally expects a car costing $600 to work perfectly out of the box.
 
The Rapido cars that I have purchased have strangly colored paint, and I wish I had not purchased them. They claim 100% accurate paint, but all I can tell is that they got their example paint chips off of old equipment that had been sitting around fading in the sun for 20 years or so.


Last year I got a set of Division Point passenger cars. It was a disappointment for the cost. It looks great but won't run. One generally expects a car costing $600 to work perfectly out of the box.

For 600 bucks a car I would expect personal valet service included for a year at least.
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top