Let's see your towns and cities

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


A small town -

Panorama01b.jpg


and the big city -

JacksB05a.jpg


ElevatedLine.jpg


NYW&B
 
Last edited by a moderator:


I'm not familar with Menasha. I had already chosen Wisconsin as my location and when I discovered there was a Neenah Wi. I decided to use it since I live on Neenah Ave.

Guys some very nice work here.

Jim love the smalltown feel of yours.

WV - So where's that station?

Aurtown station is safely tucked away in its well-padded box for now. It's not replaceable should it be damaged beyond repair. It's a REAL Aurora station, not the later Tyco knockoff. I got it from a hobby shop in Baltimore (Marconi's) before the shop caught fire and burned, destroying many nice display models which the owner had prominently displayed on shelves in the rear of the shop. Each stone is individually painted and everything is nicely blended together. I was going to haul it out for the photos, but decided against it since it would be too easy to get it damaged in the construction phase. I took it out a few days ago, traced the footprint on light cardstock as a space template, then put it back.

Likewise, the scratchbuilt corner store/garage just across the tracks is also stored. The builder may no longer be with us; I'm not sure whether he is still living or not, so in order not to invite disaster, I put out the template rather than the real thing. Better to be safe than sorry.

WVMM
 
Hey All,

WVMM- Great topic. It provides inspiration for all of us. I get so many ideas from the offerings. I just wish my talent was on par with my imagination.

Trent- Love the night shots. I was so taken by the photography that I didn't notice the coal operation.

Gary- Your scenes are always so busy. The action makes me feel like I'm right in there.

DJ- The details!!! WOW. I could look at your shots 10 times and find 10 things I missed every time before.
 
DJ - The only thing modest about that picture is the modeler and the photographer. Nicely done.

Rybcon - Those towns are NW from the city and so is the Fox so that sounds about right. I'm SW closer to the Des Plaines river. All I know is every spring I'm glad to not be too close to either. The snow in WI melts and they flood. I like my basement dry, guess why!
 
Oh, I forgot!
NYW&B - I really like your work. Busy but not cluttered, but I think it's your color pallete that I really like. Not too bright but not grimy and dead. This is one aspect of my work I just can't get the way I want it. I'll be studying your photos.
 
DJ - The only thing modest about that picture is the modeler and the photographer. Nicely done.

Rybcon - Those towns are NW from the city and so is the Fox so that sounds about right. I'm SW closer to the Des Plaines river. All I know is every spring I'm glad to not be too close to either. The snow in WI melts and they flood. I like my basement dry, guess why!

Yep. I've heard about the Fox River floods. I was born in Chicago, but we lived several years in Carpentersville. My Dad used to catch the train in Dundee to go to work.
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top