Let's get LOADED!!!.....

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Saw a bunch of nice cars with scrap loads for sale at the Raleigh train show this past weekend:

IMG_1615.jpeg
 


Since that post is 17 years old, you might get an answer sooner if you sent a PM to Paul (kjd) who is still active on the forum, but might not see your post. Hover your cursor on his user name and then left click on "Start Conversation".
CORRECTED


Willie

I can't believe it's been that long ago when I started this thread.....wow how far we have come......:cool:🤣
 


Looking at Vince's post from May of all the loads he saw at the Raleigh show, I actually saw a load of loose wheels go by in a gondola recently. Today I saw two loaded and one empty wheel car but I think I've only seen loose wheels the one time.

I didn't actually see them in person but on the Steel Highway cam in Chehalis, WA, where I hang out as "Pokey Toaster". I did not think that through. At in person meetups, I have to introduce myself as Pokey Toaster or nobody knows who I am.
 
Was my kart racing name back when I could afford it, before it went from expensive to nope. Everyone's name was their car/dream car, '67 Camaro, 69 Cuda, 911 GT3, whatever. I have an old Forester with 286k miles and a leaking head gasket where every trip is an adventure and every arrival a small victory. It's slow. And shaped like a toaster. Thus, Pokey Toaster.

An EJ 257 would fit in place of its tired EJ251, as would a 6sp manual in place if its 4EAT with its funky shifts and then it would no longer be pokey and could do the quarter in about 11.5 instead of just "yes" (as in "Yes, it will probably go a quarter mile".
 
Last edited:






Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top