Let's get LOADED!!!.....

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.




Military hardware.

IMG_2318.JPG





David
 
It is 1914/1918 during the Great War. Boxes of ammunition have been loaded onto a Ministry of Munitions wagon. Now awaiting dispatch south.

IMG_2308.JPG




David
 
I've been experimenting making my own ratchet binders for flat car loads. Here's the main generator drive shaft for the new coal fired power plant being built in San Fransisco. The first binders ended up scale 4' long. Too big, needed to get down to about 2 scale feet. The chain is about 20-22 links per inch, from an old necklace. Still a bit large but thot I'd see how it looked. More work to do but this stuff is straining my old eyes........
IMG_1638.jpg
IMG_1640.jpg
IMG_1636.jpg
 


Thought I’d take a break from my current projects and spiff up a center beam car load I’ve had stashed away.
It turned out okay but there is room for improvement to be sure.
This is a Walthers load and Walthers car, I cut out one lift from each side in inserted the cardboard core from a roll of doggy poop bags.
If I ever drink too much and decide doing this again would be a great idea I at least now know what I’d be up against.

3F426BF5-4B68-4F7C-B826-AB2BD4936B8B.jpeg
9C8B19C4-7DF9-4AD1-81D1-63A0A8D9577F.jpeg
 
Thought I’d take a break from my current projects and spiff up a center beam car load I’ve had stashed away.
It turned out okay but there is room for improvement to be sure.
This is a Walthers load and Walthers car, I cut out one lift from each side in inserted the cardboard core from a roll of doggy poop bags.
If I ever drink too much and decide doing this again would be a great idea I at least now know what I’d be up against.

View attachment 176918View attachment 176919



Nice job!
 


Just finished creating we web page to generate wrapped lumber loads. Would appreciate some feedback. There are no other links to this page except from here so if you loose the link come back here. I'll had the link to the rest of the website once I get some feedback.
 
  • Like
Reactions: kjd




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top