Let's get LOADED!!!.....

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.




James- That's a tough one trying to duplicate coils. You need something soft enough to coil yet stiff enough to hold the shape. At work they were getting rid of some outside meter readers as we went to radio read. Inside there was a nice copper coil I painted aluminum color to make it look like aluminum wire coil.
IMG_3067.jpg
 
Timonium Show
There use to be a fellow who came to the Timonium train shows with lots of different loaded cars for sale. He sort of specialized in them. I believe I bought several from him, but I've forgotten what they are,...hidden away in my inventory somewhere.?

Found a pic of one of them,..
Transformer Moving Cars
Here is one I likely purchased off that fellow at Timonium
DSCF2176.jpg



and this one I found 2 of a long time ago,...sold one of them off
DSCF2196.jpg

5%281%29.jpg
 
Timonium Show
There use to be a fellow who came to the Timonium train shows with lots of different loaded cars for sale. He sort of specialized in them. I believe I bought several from him, but I've forgotten what they are,...hidden away in my inventory somewhere.? ...
Yeah, I've seen that guy at a few shows. Lots of inspiring carloads.
 
James- That's a tough one trying to duplicate coils. You need something soft enough to coil yet stiff enough to hold the shape. At work they were getting rid of some outside meter readers as we went to radio read. Inside there was a nice copper coil I painted aluminum color to make it look like aluminum wire coil.View attachment 152414
Tom

I tried a few months ago to create some wire coil loads. At the time the attempts were failures but I have not given up. These look very nice. Can you get some close ups and post?
 


Attachments

  • 33B68CF9-A08F-4C2A-8A50-7A3BDB48AECB.jpeg
    33B68CF9-A08F-4C2A-8A50-7A3BDB48AECB.jpeg
    509.2 KB · Views: 385
  • BF9F809A-BC0A-4E4B-A2DC-26693B068D71.jpeg
    BF9F809A-BC0A-4E4B-A2DC-26693B068D71.jpeg
    693.9 KB · Views: 383
  • FD6B2076-F44D-49FF-AA3B-85205B53051D.jpeg
    FD6B2076-F44D-49FF-AA3B-85205B53051D.jpeg
    326.5 KB · Views: 344
A couple of flat car loads at the substation.
1664747835956.png

Stood back to take a longer view and realized that I could easily justify a flat car bring in a load of poles to add to inventory. (along with a crane to off load - details never end.....)
1664747912742.png
 






Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top