Let's get LOADED!!!.....

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


A tractor load I did a year ago.
IMG_2311.jpg
 


Nicely done, whose chains and flatcar?

It's funny you know, we have a Nissan dealership here which also has the John Deere agency, one of the biggest around. They import all the toy sizes of the models and have a display area for them. I've inquired about the 1:87 models, but just get told, "we don't do them". Dumb, eh.
 
I used a old burned out armature. The mounts are 3/16" plywood. The tie downs are 22 gauge copper wire. I didn't glue the mounts to the floor as I was able to secure the wire, so there is no movement. It might not be prototypical,
but it sure looks good.

IMG_2151.JPG
IMG_2141.JPG
 
Steve
I like how you have 3 separate commodities, instead of 1 large load. The tarps are a great feature.
Very good job!
 


Those JD tractors are a great load. Really nice work. But isn't that roll of towel paper going to exceed tunnel clearances, when you put it on a flatcar? :p Length looks okay, though.
Those JD tractors are a great load. Really nice work. But isn't that roll of towel paper going to exceed tunnel clearances, when you put it on a flatcar? :p Length looks okay, though.
It was the only thing white I could fine for a background.
 
Don't know how I missed this post. Here are some old Athearn blue box freight cars tha are over 30 years old. Not a whole lot of choice back then. I model the transition era set in 1957.

IMAG0259.jpg


IMAG0265.jpg


IMAG0261.jpg


IMAG0260.jpg


IMAG0263.jpg


IMAG0268.jpg


Nothing fancy, but with a little bit of weathering, it's hard to tell these old cars apart from more expensive modern cars. These two cabooses are wood kits, Silver Streak I believe, also over 30 years old.

IMAG0266.jpg


IMAG0267.jpg


They are still around and used on a regular basis with no problems. I can't can't see paying big bucks for highly detailed freight cars. The details under the cars area really nice, but I keep mine right side up and these details won't be seen.
 
Finished a couple new loads recently. My first coal load is kind of rough-cut but it will pass for a while. The second one is a pole load (which admittedly is probably too long but "meh"). I'm thinking the poles may need some more staining..
50824458_10218000261295941_1141637233950851072_n.jpg
IMG_20190120_101713203.jpg
 






Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top