ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
Most cars that carry coils are loaded over the trucks only as coil weight can be enough to buckle the car if carried in middle http://www.rollformedshapes.com/coilweight.htm
WP had 29' gondolas for coils figuring that the extra length & weight was a waste.
Up here in the GWN, we have a burger joint called Harvey's. Other than great burgers, they have black straws for their drinks. They make ideal pipe loads.
They have a self serve pop machine with the straws beside the machine so a few handfuls is all you need. The steel straps are silver coloured ribbon cut in narrow strips.
They have a self serve pop machine with the straws beside the machine so a few handfuls is all you need. The steel straps are silver coloured ribbon cut in narrow strips.
So Lakeville doesn't actually rate the title of City? Have you ever seen the switcher in question? Or is that an older scheme? Ha! just re-read your earlier posts and realised the clue to the name on the cab was in there.
Wow.. excuse me while I vanish for a long time. Sorry Toot, I never saw your question. Progressive Rail's home base is in Lakeville, and actually only 3-4 blocks away from the warehouse I used to work in. I've not seen #67 myself, but I am used to seeing #36 working the Lakeville/Airlake industrial park, and #38 working the nearby city of Rosemount. I'd see either one of them every day.
And #67 does for sure say "Lakeville" on its side. I don't know much about PGR's history, but I would guess that #67 was probably their first loco since it has a one-of-a-kind paintjob. The rest of their fleet has taken on a dark blue color with white stripes, white numbers, black trucks/underbody and PGR's red diamond logo. It's very similar to the old Minneapolis, Northfield and Southern shortline.
I'm not quite sure how PGR gets away with their current paint scheme, or how they are able to operate rolling stock like this caboose when MNS was actually purchased by the Soo Line.
Some good reading there, this what's so fascinating to me about US railroads, the huge variety. For a lad from NZ (boohoo about the America's Cup) who grew up with trains that were either dirty Black or Tuscan Red (also dirty), the kaliedoscope of colors is breathtaking.
But whoever designed and built that double ended loco obviously pinched the idea from NZ
I stripped the Micro-Train's flatcar,repainted it with Tru-Color railbox yellow paint.Then I cut a Side-track laser trailer deck to fit and found the load in my parts box.The only that is holding the load on are the four steel cables.
N
That is a Baldwin DT-6-6-2000 Center Cab, usually identified with the EJ&E who bought the lion's share of them. I saw a brass [unpainted] HO model of this at the Timonium train show this afternoon.