La Mirada, CA Industrial Switching Layout Progress

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


I really hate when that happens Josh. Do you have any leads on other shops with them in stock?
 
I always e-mail and ask them first, I did what you did once and it pissed me right off....

Yeah thats a good idea Kellan, I was pretty upset to say the least when I read that email... I sent them an email back and told them what I thought about it, im sure im not the first to be disappointed like that

With my website, I keep a track of all the products I list and when I see something that goes out of stock, I post it on the products page in the availability line when it is due to be back in stock and then update again once I see it is back in stock


I really hate when that happens Josh. Do you have any leads on other shops with them in stock?

Well, I just bought a Plastic Pellet Facility from a local modeler who is selling a large part of his collection to pay for his surgery, I saw he had an ATSF GP60M but I didnt buy it at the time I bought the other kit because I was going to order all the GP60M's from Trainworld :rolleyes: When I got the email this morning from Trainworld I immediately went and found his email address and fired him an email asking if he still had the GP60M. He replied and said, "its yours" so at least I will have another on the way. I guess I will have to be on the lookout on ebay for more of them. His GP60M is #142 I Believe and it is in the ATSF Warbonnet Paint Scheme, so that will give me to GP60M's in that paint, so now I just need 2 BNSF Warbonnet GP60M's and another BNSF Heritage II GP60M...
 


Not to get the thread off track but the guy who runs TW is an idiot to begin with, they lost my business for good a couple years ago. They have great prices if you can get what they advertise, but their customer service is beyond horrible.
 
Not to get the thread off track but the guy who runs TW is an idiot to begin with, they lost my business for good a couple years ago. They have great prices if you can get what they advertise, but their customer service is beyond horrible.

Ill second the comments about their customer service. The email they sent me informing me that my order was canceled because none of the locomotives I ordered were in stock was pretty sad:

Sorry these items are not available. Order cancelled. Please reorder thank you

That is all the email said, no name of the person who sent it, no contact information, nothing. I like the "please re-order" part... As if maybe if I re-order them they will be in stock? right... And these 3 locomotives are STILL listed on their website, you would think they would take them off after they just got an order for them they couldnt fill.... :confused:
 
Not to get the thread off track but the guy who runs TW is an idiot to begin with, they lost my business for good a couple years ago. They have great prices if you can get what they advertise, but their customer service is beyond horrible.

Oh really? Interesting... Well listen to my recent experience with Trainworld. I ordered a $260 BLI loco and waited and waited and waited for them to process my order. When I called them they told me me it could take up to 6 days for processing. When I ordered it said the item was in stock.

And that guy was so rude, I said that is unacceptable, please cancel my order, he replied all huffy puffy well we never had your business, I said what? The guy was very very rude. Typical NY'er attitude doesn't jive with me.

I will never order anything from Trainworld again in my life, stay away from bad customer service.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Oh really? Interesting... Well listen to my recent experience with Trainworld. I ordered a $260 BLI loco and waited and waited and waited for them to process my order. When I called them they told me me it could take up to 6 days for processing. When I ordered it said the item was in stock.

And that guy was so rude, I said that is unacceptable, please cancel my order, he replied all huffy puffy well we never had your business, I said what? The guy was very very rude. Typical NY'er attitude doesn't jive with me.

I will never order anything from Trainworld again in my life, stay away from bad customer service.

Easy with the NY'er attitude talk :eek: Once you get north of Westchester and the city we arent so bad. North of Albany we are really pretty likable :D

I dont particularly enjoy people from the city. The farther south towards NYC you go, the more miserable and pushy people get.
 


hey josh i found a locomotive you my be interested in there's a hobby shop here in minnesota called beckers model supply, well i was going through his in stock list and found a athearn rtr gp60m and the bnsf paint road number is 138 here is a link to it http://fastserve.horizonhobby.com/ProdInfo/ATH/450/ATH88808-450.jpg and there website is http://beckersmodelrailroadsupply.com/bmrshome.htm so not sure if it will help but been reading your threads about looking for these gp60m but its worth checking out site was last updated 10 days ago so im sure he might have it in stock.


matt
modeling modern cp ice dme
 

No other place where you can get these kinds of deals. :D

LOL why thank you guys :D

I spent much of the day today adding some new products to the website, which is always a work in progress. Ive also added a "Website Updates" link in the Information Box on the left side of all pages. This link will show all that have been uploaded and when they were uploaded so you can see whats new and whats been uploaded since your last visit. The way I would like to have it is to upload new products as they are announced from the manufactures, just have to get caught up first lol
 
hey josh i found a locomotive you my be interested in there's a hobby shop here in minnesota called beckers model supply, well i was going through his in stock list and found a athearn rtr gp60m and the bnsf paint road number is 138 here is a link to it http://fastserve.horizonhobby.com/ProdInfo/ATH/450/ATH88808-450.jpg and there website is http://beckersmodelrailroadsupply.com/bmrshome.htm so not sure if it will help but been reading your threads about looking for these gp60m but its worth checking out site was last updated 10 days ago so im sure he might have it in stock.

Thanks for that link Matt! I checked them out, they do have one of them, but they want full retail for it and ive been getting somewhat lucky finding them for $60-70 so ill keep looking. Thanks again though! :D
 
Have you made any progress on the layout this week Josh?

Still no new progress to report im sad to say Stephen :( I need to get some of those "suitcase" connectors so I can install the bus line under the module, but all my extra cash is going towards the Athearn SD70ACe's right now lol. This and ive been looking for a second job for some extra spending money :rolleyes:
 
Josh, I just purchased a bunch of suitcase connectors from a guy on a yahoo group. He was selling them for .15 each and less since he said he was going to ship more than I purchased. I can get you contact info if you would like. Don't tell me you found a place to get them cheaper than .15 each.

BTW: The layout looks great and how is the n scale layout going you started a few months back?
Dave
 
Josh, I just purchased a bunch of suitcase connectors from a guy on a yahoo group. He was selling them for .15 each and less since he said he was going to ship more than I purchased. I can get you contact info if you would like. Don't tell me you found a place to get them cheaper than .15 each.

BTW: The layout looks great and how is the n scale layout going you started a few months back?
Dave

Dave that would be awesome! I could use some of them :D PM me his contact info if you wouldnt mind

That N scale layout died a while back lol. It would be just too hard to make another layout in my room knowing that it might have to come down so soon if I do manage to get a place of my own anytime soon :o Thats why im sticking to Modules
 
Got my third GP60M for this La Mirada project a couple days ago :D

This one is in the Santa Fe Warbonnet Paint, number 142. Will post some pictures next time i have the module down and am working on it
 
Athearn announced a new run of BNSF Heritage II & Santa Fe Warbonnet GP60M's, so I have them on reservation :D

Still no progress to post, but I did order the turnouts needed to start the next module, which will close out the end of the yard
 






Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top