La Mirada, CA Industrial Switching Layout Progress

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


I'm drooling looking at those coil cars. The track work looks pretty good Josh. Can you post a closeup of the ties on the next section without rail. I like the look of it a lot better than flex track.
 
I'm drooling looking at those coil cars. The track work looks pretty good Josh. Can you post a closeup of the ties on the next section without rail. I like the look of it a lot better than flex track.

Thank you Stephen :D

I can post a shot of a section on this module as I have to wait till I start the next module to finish laying the rail in this one spot, so ill post a photo in a few mins for you :D
 


Here is a closeup of the section that has not been completed with the rail yet...

SL370024.jpg


Its hard to see because of the poor lighting, but the Tie Strips have great detail in them with the tie plates and spike details
 
Here is a closeup of the section that has not been completed with the rail yet...

SL370024.jpg


Its hard to see because of the poor lighting, but the Tie Strips have great detail in them with the tie plates and spike details

Hi,

I've been thinking of stocking up on those Tie Strips for my next layout. You mentioned tie plates; now that's just cool.

Cheers
 
Hi,

I've been thinking of stocking up on those Tie Strips for my next layout. You mentioned tie plates; now that's just cool.

Cheers

They are pretty well detailed, and the fact that you can combine as many as you want together to make an endless seamless strip is really neat and quite ingenious!
 


So Kellan is the new owner of all 9 of the Walthers Gold Line Cushion Coil Cars I had in the yard, I was going to sell them anyways to get 9 Red Caboose BNSF Cushion Coil Cars. This way ill have all the cars for the road im modeling and they will all be different numbers.

http://www.imrcmodels.com/distrib/redcaboose/html/RR-32548.htm

i know ill get at least 9 of them but may suck it up and just get all 12 and do a bit of modifying to the hoods to mix it up a little bit to get some different paint schemes in the mix. They should look good spotted at the Rolling Mill and in the yard :D
 
Made another change to the trackplan...

My intentions are to have an Intermodal train parked next to the mainline. I want to have do this because I see from Bing there was a Empty Spine Car Train and when I was there a few weeks ago there was a stack train parked in the passing siding which also serves as the inbound/outbound track i think. It would be a cool thing to have, and ill mix up a Spine and Well Car train. This train wont be permanently parked on the layout, just gives me an excuse to break out some of my intermodal equipment I have stored away from time to time for picture purposes....

Looking at the picture below, the white tracks that run next to the mainline is the passing siding. Not only will this allow me to put an Intermodal Train on it, but when there is no Intermodal Train, parts of it can be used as a run around, parts as another yard track, and allows mainline access which can also be used as a run around or even more car storage for the yard.

Here is the revised plan. The changes require me to make some slight changes to the module im working on now, so ill have to order 2 more #6 turnouts to make that crossover on the left end of Module #5 between white and yellow tracks.
 
Thanks guys!!

Kellan, im not sure, it would be cool though!!


Well crud, I just ordered the Red Caboose BNSF Coil Cars this morning from Intermountain and well there were only 7 left in stock, and they wont be getting anymore in.... Thats a bummer, but at least I got 7 lol. Im not sure if there all different roadnumbers or not, but if there are duplicates, I will just have to renumber them... I guess ill try and pick a couple more up on ebay when these come in so I can see what roadnumbers I got so i dont get even more duplicates LOL
 
Speaking of coil cars, why aren't the Walthers ones available anywhere? Are they producing more?

Or are they on a boat from China?
 






Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top