Jerome's Switcher Roster

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Karl, that is your choice. I still have them in dark blue and tuscan. Your's could be the first tuscan with black roof running with a blue switcher ;)

Merry Christmas to you and your family.
 


Jerome
I was thinking about Dk Blue, with an aluminium roof, slight overspray on the roof, like you see on modern boxcars.:cool:

whaddaya think?
 


OK, Jerome, Rick,
Here are the 1st shots.

2 things I dont like
#1, Walthers end railings are flimsy and cheap, and bow easily.:( I can fix it, it will just take a little more time.
#2, I'm not sold on the roof coloring yet. I'm on the fence between the oversprayed look, or just painting the roof silver, and then weathering the daylights out of it.

Opinions? :rolleyes: I know you guys have em! ;)
 
I have to agree with you on the overspray. But, I honestly haven't looked at any prototypes either - it might be appropriate with a bit of weathering. Either way, it's a great paint job and looks great behind that switcher!
 
Hey looks great! Don't worry about the railings, you can fix them on the "next one". (hint hint)
Yeah I agree with the silver weathered the heck out'a roof idea too.
 
OK,
The peanut gallery has spoken!:rolleyes:
Next time you see it, handrails will be fixed, roof painted and entire caboose weathered!!:D
Thanks guys!:)
 
100% - looks great, which is a testament - usually the camera isn't kind, lol. The weathering looks very good and it gives the model a finished look. That overspray made it look like an unfinished project. My 2 cents...
 


Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top