Jerome's Switcher Roster

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems Walthers is doing a new run of SW-1's early next year under their Mainline Label.

http://www.walthers.com/exec/productinfo/910-9201

No undecorated though. Might have to repaint a B&M model to get what I want.

I want one of these!

2012050821134932579.jpg

Photo credit: Thomas Coulombe

And... one of these!

NS2423tk1.jpg
 
I Love it!!:D

I was checking the latest postings here today, and the wife just happened to be verbalizing about the recent influx of switchers (she likes cute little engines)and wondering about how many I might level off with. I showed her the beginning photos of the thread and told he "Don't worry honey, I'll never have as many as Jerome"!:rolleyes:

She just shrugged her shoulders and went back upstairs!!! LOL!
 
LOL I think we're all using Jerome as the "not as bad as" guy!
I was boxing things up yesterday and Laurel asked just how many locos I needed to have and I said pretty much the same thing!
It reminds me of the old "If little Johnny jumped off a bridge would you follow" routine I got from my Mom.
 




Paul, the good people at HighBall Graphics made up that set of decals. It also includes the curved nose sets for the GP's. It's listed in their website.
 
Jerome, I've noticed BLI switchers are still available from various shops and they have reached the discount phase. These are SW-7 (late) and NW-2 models. Why are there so many still available? Is there something wrong with those BLI switchers?
 
Paul, in my opinion it's what Eric said and the fact these are early generation switchers, and they are over priced also. They look good and run good, but came out on the expensive side for a switcher.
 
The other thing is that BLI doesn't offer them without sound. This alienates the people who either don't want sound, or want better sound.
 


Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top