Jerome's Switcher Roster

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of something different......

A&P1207a.JPG

Lookee what showed up today! Frank & Ernest have inspected her, and will be fitting her with a decoder and lights soon. Management has already decided that this unit may be a natural fit for the cement plant operation,and has slated it for "plant switcher" assignment.
 
Management found another switcher at the Timonim show today, and with upper managements (wife's) approval,added it to the fleet. She's has all the handrails in a package in the box, but is missing the package with the exhaust stack, horn, coupler boxes and coupler lift arms.
Still it runs great and were certain that parts can be obtained cheaply.
Its part of a special run by Stewart for the B&O Historical Society, as a Baldwin DS 4-4-1000 (aka VO1000)
Total cost?
B&O451.JPG


$10.60 (thats 10 bucks plus tax) :D

it was a good day!!
 
Last edited by a moderator:


Speaking of something different......

A&P1207a.JPG

Lookee what showed up today! Frank & Ernest have inspected her, and will be fitting her with a decoder and lights soon. Management has already decided that this unit may be a natural fit for the cement plant operation,and has slated it for "plant switcher" assignment.

Karl, she sure looks different on a layout with some scenery!!! I hope she serves you well!! ;)
 
Nice grab Karl. Sorry I didn't run into you. There was so much I wanted that I didnt have the $$ for! No motive power this trip despite all the CSX floating around! Gonna save up for April!


P.s. I got a spare Horn, Bell, & Coupler Boxes for your B&O if you wantem ;)

Let me know.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Well A&P 1207 is not getting sound at this point:( just a regular decoder. Why? Cuz noooobody make the correct sound decoder.;)
What I should say is that Soundtraxx and Loksound dont make the correct decoder yet. I didnt look at Digitrax or MRC becouse frankly, they have never been anything to write home about, and I doubt they ever will.

Soundtraxx & Loksound are close, the both make a micro-decoder, but at this point, only 16 & 20 cylinder 645's, or the large turbo versions of the engine. Loksound has a non-turbo 8 + 12 cylinder versions coming, but no schedule yet!

So til then, I'll toss a regular decoder in, hook up the light and run her silent. :( IO was really lookin forward to this one being noisey!
 
Actually, Soundtraxx DID make the roots blown 12-645 Tsunami. They were exclusive to Athearn's MP15AC and GP15-1 with sound. I'd give Soundtraxx a call. Maybe they can sell you a decoder, or have you send one in for a soundset replacement. If they can't sell you a decoder with that soundset (from what I've heard, Athearn did the recordings so it's possible that Athearn retains the rights to the soundset) try calling Athearn and see if they will sell you a decoder.

If all else fails, I guess you could get an MP15AC or GP15-1 and steal the sound decoder out of that.
 
Actually, Soundtraxx DID make the roots blown 12-645 Tsunami. They were exclusive to Athearn's MP15AC and GP15-1 with sound. I'd give Soundtraxx a call. Maybe they can sell you a decoder, or have you send one in for a soundset replacement. If they can't sell you a decoder with that soundset (from what I've heard, Athearn did the recordings so it's possible that Athearn retains the rights to the soundset) try calling Athearn and see if they will sell you a decoder.

If all else fails, I guess you could get an MP15AC or GP15-1 and steal the sound decoder out of that.

In the standard sized Tsunami, they did do the correct 645 but I need a smaller decoder, and the micro Tsunami only comes with the turbo. Besides, the micro Tsunami is kinda weak, has heat issues and the Loksound Aux 4 can give me ditchlights and 1.1 amp motor driver. While its not Loksounds smallest, I believe it will fit.

I think I'll wait.
 
Just interupting to subvert Jerome's thread with another slag train photo.:D

edit: who will make the 1500th post on this thread, and is there a prize?
 


Congratulations Karl! You made the 1500th post. Seems Jerome must be busy. I might even have some SW1500 pics to post up by the time he gets back. Infact, I wonder if I can do a sneak preview?
 
Went by the Fuerst Matthes Pulp and Paper mill on the way home from work and saw this unit switching!
Guess #57 had some problems and is in the shop.
Had a talk with Finnigan (seen hopping from the loco) and he says they just may be keeping the A&P unit!
 
Last edited by a moderator:


Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top