Jerome's Switcher Roster

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
OK Jerome, as you know by now, I'm an Alcohaulic. :eek: Yes I'm even proud of it.( no 12 step program for me!) However, I recently discovered an EMD switcher even I could love.
Ever consider doing one of these????
Wiki_077.jpg
 


Here is a little more Karl.

http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=90227

Also found this video of 1203, here:

http://wn.com/Canton_Railroad

And there is more. Model Railroader magazine did an article on this unit in the Modelers Corner back when then use to be more of a craftsman magazine. The funny thing is that I just read this article before I moved and I am sure it was in a 1990 issue of Model Railroader. My magazines are still packed but I will see what I can find.
 
Oooooops, Alcohaulism strikes again, and I'm giddy with it.:rolleyes::D

146.JPG


Picked this up today. Runs great, looks great, sounds great,(factory tsunami) and the best part, $85 bucks plus tax at my LHS!!

I may never seek treatment!!!;):D
 


Ok I gotta ask. What is LHS? Local Hobby Shop? Being from Central MAryland where do you go? I like the Moose Caboose in Eldersburg/Sykesville and Star Hobby in Annapolis.
 
The Moose is in my neighborhood. 90% of what I get is there.:D
The rest is Pro-Custom or for odd parts or brass, Tommy Gilberts in Gettysburg.:D
 
Never heard of the second two. Being I reside a stone throw from Arundel Mills :( I gotta put some miles on no matter where I go.
 
Oooooops, Alcohaulism strikes again, and I'm giddy with it.:rolleyes::D

146.JPG


Picked this up today. Runs great, looks great, sounds great,(factory tsunami) and the best part, $85 bucks plus tax at my LHS!!

I may never seek treatment!!!;):D


Meanwhile at the local Alco's anonymous:

"Hi, my name's Paul"

group: "Hi Paul"

"And I haven't bought an Alco model in over three weeks"

group: "that's great Paul" and "keep up the good work"


Hehe, just kidding. I'm still waiting for an undecorated P2K S-3 to arrive. Internantional mail can be slow. I am interested about the new bachmann mechanism, as it seems a cost effective replacement for the proto mech.

I need an S-3 shell though, as I intend to use it as a South Buffalo Rwy S-1 in 1948 livery. I only need replace the truck side frames for that conversion.

Let me know how the mech shapes up Karl.

Regards, Paul B


edit: Here's some links to Australian switcher (shunting loco) models for Jerome. Sorry about the high prices though.

Sw1200? thingie:

http://www.austrains.com.au/yclass.html

Aussie designed switcher:

http://www.auscisionmodels.com.au/73%20Class%20Page.htm
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Let me know how the mech shapes up Karl.

Regards, Paul B

So far, its great. Comparing it to the 2 Atlas S2's I have, the mechanism is just as quiet. The sound is fabulous even though you give up some weight to have sound, its well worth it. As far as the price, its almost like buying a decoder and speaker and getting the loco for free!!:D
 
Never heard of the second two. Being I reside a stone throw from Arundel Mills :( I gotta put some miles on no matter where I go.

Yeah, you kinda are in a hobbiests wasteland. You do have some options though. Peachcreek Shops in Laurel isnt too far.
Really got to get you to "go west young man".:rolleyes:
Pro-Custom and MooseCaboose are only 15 minutes apart. True, Gilbert's in Gettysburg is almost an hour away,but Mainline Hobby Supply in Blue Ridge Summit is only a 20 minute ride away from that. Then you can hit Cotactin Mountain Hobbies on the way back in Thurmont.;)

Then, with you gas tank drained(wallet too!) you can return home with armfulls of booty and projects to do!!:D
 
Peach Creek closed thier store front I'm told... I use to frequent there. I don't have a layout yet so I'm work module to module with minimal income. But its nice to have options..
 


Oooooops, Alcohaulism strikes again, and I'm giddy with it.:rolleyes::D

146.JPG


Picked this up today. Runs great, looks great, sounds great,(factory tsunami) and the best part, $85 bucks plus tax at my LHS!!

I may never seek treatment!!!;):D

Karl that is a great deal for a sound unit!!! I even like that one ;)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top