Jerome's Switcher Roster

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Karl!!!!!!!!!???????? what is that monster???? The light!!??? Looks like a spotlight!! ;)

Are you cutting the bodies down also or did they come with a low nose on the Proto??
 
Karl!!!!!!!!!???????? what is that monster???? The light!!??? Looks like a spotlight!! ;)

Are you cutting the bodies down also or did they come with a low nose on the Proto??

Jerome
Sorry, didn't mean to spook ya. That pic was a little large, I just resized it!
The lights are Miniatronics YeloGlo LEDS. The bodies are high nosed for now, but will be cut down.
The cabs will be modified Atlas SD24 cabs. In the past I used GP9 cabs, and had to mold in parts of Athearn cabs to get the right numberboards, so now I'm using a different approach. I'll post some pics of the bodies in progress.
 
Karl, you need a couple of these!!

100_1575.jpg
 


Orange cabs with green hairs????:rolleyes::p;)




No can do. I don't want uncontrolled wiring inside the engine, so the LEDS are rigidly mounted to the frames. That way body removal is much easier. Trust me, with the proper shading, you will never know the difference.
If I would have tossed the metal interior body weight, I may be tempted. but getting the shell on and not pinching wires is tough enough as is. Maybe if these would be sporting ditch lights, I might be tempted. But these particualr units wont have em.
 
That's what I said to Mark wayyyyyyyyyyyyy back when. He devised a plug so the LED's stay with the shell. I've been very happy with that setup.
 
She ain't the prettiest thing in my fleet, but she's gonna be one of the most used. She is DCC equipped with FO forward, FO reverse and Common leads all available for testing new LED installations.

100_1578.jpg
 
There are no handrails, they are clipped to the pilot. I can use that to check LED soldering, like so........................

100_1579.jpg


The engine is DCC equipped with resistors already on it, so this is used for testing purposes.
 


nice work. I really wish I can learn Marks skills. I just dont have the patience for such tiny work. I tried to look at the ditch lite on my SD90MAC that mark did cause I ended up causing it to not work. But Its so small the wiring and such I said F'it, i'm sending it to Mark to look at along with other models to have DCC/Sound installed.
 
Nathan, can you do a side shot please? And it's a bit hard to see against your dark shirt!! LOL I see the sand boxes of a switcher, then a Spartan can, can't tell the hood though.
 


Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top