Well done Jerome!
Is the black insulation tape or heathshrink tubing you've not yet shrunk? I thoroughly recommend heatshrink tubing if you're not familiar with it.
Paul
I recently wired a Digitrax DH123 into an Athearn BB SW1000/1500 and the hard part is definitely getting the wires to stay out of the drive shafts and off the flywheels and have room for the decoder. Once you add the wiring for the lights you'll have some real fun fitting the shell on again.
I've also found that the wiring harness that the DH123AT, made specifically for Athearn BBs, has wires that are much too long for most diesels, so I prefer the DH123D and just solder it up myself after cutting the wires to the proper length.
Once you've wired up a few of these it becomes quite addictive. I'm still trying to come up with better ways to run the wiring to keep it as neat as possible. Let us know how it goes for you.
I recently wired a Digitrax DH123 into an Athearn BB SW1000/1500 and the hard part is definitely getting the wires to stay out of the drive shafts and off the flywheels and have room for the decoder. Once you add the wiring for the lights you'll have some real fun fitting the shell on again.
I've also found that the wiring harness that the DH123AT, made specifically for Athearn BBs, has wires that are much too long for most diesels, so I prefer the DH123D and just solder it up myself after cutting the wires to the proper length.
Once you've wired up a few of these it becomes quite addictive. I'm still trying to come up with better ways to run the wiring to keep it as neat as possible. Let us know how it goes for you.
OK, finished up Carl's Canadian Pacific RTR SW1500 tonight. It's headed back to Iowa for service on his line.
![]()
![]()
Jerome,
Do you mind explaining how you paint wheels rust color? More specifically, what colors and is it with a regular paint brush?
Thanks!
