Jerome's Switcher Roster

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
And finally, the C415 has gotten the pilots painted, and decals applied.

100_1325.jpg


100_1324.jpg

Nice job on the C415 Jerome. It turned out really well. Nice to see an old model get a new life. Do you have any plans for this guy?

View attachment 23425
 


Jerome, the C415 looks wonderful! Nice to see something other than an EMD switcher getting some attention. :D
Howabout some other makes?
As soon as I get it done, I'll show you one of my Alcos. It started life as a crappy Tyco C-430 . Now with 8 wheel drive, a can motor and DCC, it's in line for paint (very soon). And behind it in line, a Baldwin 4-4-1500!
Yes,,,,,,,Oddballs unite!!;)
 
Now Karl, what's wrong with EMD switchers????????? :D

Nothing at all. It's just that I don't get exposed to them much.
The 2 main modeling interests I have are the Western Maryland and the Maryland Midland, Neither of which ever owned an EMD switcher.
The WM had either Alco or BLH switchers, them MM only ever owned 1 switcher, and that was a Whitcomb Center cab!
 
And finally for this week. Let me take you back to July 1972. Southern Pacific's newest SW1500 #2660 rolled out of EMD's La Grange final assembly building. She's brand new and still has that new engine smell on her!!! LOL

100_1439.jpg


100_1440.jpg
 
Jerome, the C415 looks wonderful! Nice to see something other than an EMD switcher getting some attention. :D
Howabout some other makes?
As soon as I get it done, I'll show you one of my Alcos. It started life as a crappy Tyco C-430 . Now with 8 wheel drive, a can motor and DCC, it's in line for paint (very soon). And behind it in line, a Baldwin 4-4-1500!
Yes,,,,,,,Oddballs unite!!;)

Jerome, as I illuded to earlier,,,heres the 430C!
CR2049%20008.JPG

I guess the Baldwin is next.........After the holidays!:D
 
Karl, now that looks pretty good for a Tyco!!!! You must have modified it extensively??

Thanks!

Stretched MDC RS3 chassis, can motor & flywheels, scratchbuilt driveshafts, scratch built fuel tanks and air tanks, lift rungs,horn,wipers, grab irons, you know, all the usual suspects! :rolleyes:
 


That is BEAUTIFUL! Nice work Jerome

Thank you Jamie. Not too bad considering the only thing I started with was the Omaha Western decals. They were a sample set from Rail Graphics I got a long time ago. I was trying to think of something to do with them when I found some Chicago & Illinois Midland decal stripes in my decal tote. The colors just seemed to go together (my high school colors).
 
Nice stuff as usual Jerome! :D
Sometimes your work makes me crazy, cuz they are all EMD, and the road I model never had any!!!:eek:;)
 
Nice stuff as usual Jerome! :D
Sometimes your work makes me crazy, cuz they are all EMD, and the road I model never had any!!!:eek:;)

Karl, that's the beauty of model railroading. If you want EMD equipment on a certain railroad, you can have it. I have a bunch of fantasy units in my photobucket page.
 
Karl, that's the beauty of model railroading. If you want EMD equipment on a certain railroad, you can have it. I have a bunch of fantasy units in my photobucket page.

OR, you could do an S2, or S4 up, to keep us Alco-haulics happy! Not to mention the Baldwin, Lima, Plymouths, Whitcomb or GE fans !! :D:D:D
Well, maybe next year!!
 
OR, you could do an S2, or S4 up, to keep us Alco-haulics happy! Not to mention the Baldwin, Lima, Plymouths, Whitcomb or GE fans !! :D:D:D
Well, maybe next year!!

Got an S12, GE 35 Tonner, 8 44 tonners, 5 70 tonners, 1 boxcab, and an S2. :p

OH, yeah, and 3 C415's in the works too.
 
Got an S12, GE 35 Tonner, 8 44 tonners, 5 70 tonners, 1 boxcab, and an S2. :p

OH, yeah, and 3 C415's in the works too.

I see,,,guess there is hope for ya yet!! :D

Not as many switchers here. Just a few S2's and S4's, a VO1000, the Hustler with its cabless B-unit and a smattering of 0-6-0's and 0-4-0's, Road power is what we're more heavily invested in.
No EMD's smaller than a GP9!;)


BTW, wanna make it 4 C415s ????
 


In honor of the last Kodak Kodachrome film being developed today in Kansas....

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/technology/kodachrome-the-last-rolls/article1853701/?cmpid=rss1

I have finished 3 of the 4 SP Kodachrome SW1500's that I have.

100_1467.jpg

Very nice Jerome and well done as usual. Did you tape those lines between the yellow and the red on the nose? Those lines are nice and crisp!

I am hoping to have my SW1500's done next week but I am waiting on two decal sheets for my number boards and the Holidays have slowed down the shipping to my LHS. Two units 2290 and 2291 burns through the "2's" pretty fast and I ran out half way through.:o
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top